- Betnovate Scalp Application
Betnovate Scalp Application
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
Betnovate Scalp Application contains 0.1% betamethasone valerate, a very potent steroid. It is used to treat inflammation of the scalp caused by eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis. Having skin irritation on your scalp can start to interfere with your daily life, but Betnovate Scalp Application contains a strong solution for effective treatment and relief from symptoms.
- Treats inflammation of the scalp
- Thinner solution for easy application
- Effective treatment
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
About Betnovate Scalp Application
- Betnovate Scalp Application is a solution designed to be applied to areas of inflammation on the scalp, including eczema and dermatitis
- The active ingredient in Betnovate Scalp Application is betamethasone valerate
- Betamethasone is a potent steroid, and the solution should be used sparingly
- Betnovate Scalp Application should not be used on areas of infected skin
- Betnovate Scalp Application contains alcohol which is flammable, care must therefore be taken when using it
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Betnovate Scalp Application Work?
Eczema and dermatitis occur when there is inflammation of the skin cells. Irritation of the skin associated with these conditions causes the immune system to release chemicals that cause the blood vessels to widen. This leads to the skin becoming red, sore, and swollen. The increase in inflammatory cells including white blood cells then leads to further swelling and irritation.
Betnovate Scalp Application contains the steroid betamethasone valerate. Steroids dampen down the immune response, helping to resolve the inflammation on the skin.
Betnovate Scalp Application is a potent treatment that is usually only prescribed when milder forms of steroid treatments have not cleared up the area of inflammation.
How is Betnovate Scalp Application Used?
Betnovate Scalp Application comes in the form of a solution that should be applied directly to the areas of inflammation, using the nozzle of the bottle. Alternatively, a small amount of solution can be rubbed into the affected area using your fingers.
Betnovate Scalp Application should be used sparingly. Steroids can cause skin thinning when used in large quantities over a long period of time. You should wash your hands after applying the solution to avoid your hands being affected by the steroid.
It is best to apply the solution to clean, dry hair. Avoid washing your hair after applying the solution, as this will also wash the solution off, making it less effective.
Betnovate Scalp Application contains alcohol which is flammable. You must use the solution away from flames, lit objects including gas and electric fires, lit cigarettes and heat sources including hairdryers. Always allow the area of your scalp to dry naturally after applying the solution.
Dosage of Betnovate Scalp Application
Betnovate Scalp Application is usually applied sparingly twice a day, in the morning and at night. Once an improvement is noticed, it is possible to reduce to using the solution once a day, or less frequently.
It can take around two to four weeks to notice an improvement. If there is no improvement after this time, stop using the solution and seek further medical advice.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Betnovate Scalp Application can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Discomfort or a burning sensation on the skin
- Thinning of the skin when used for a long time
- Increased hair growth in the area
- Allergic skin reactions.
If you are concerned about any of these side effects, you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Betnovate Scalp Application Warnings
Betnovate Scalp Application may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have acne
- Have rosacea
- Have psoriasis
- Have glaucoma or cataracts
- Have infected areas of skin such as infected eczema or a fungal skin infection
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to a skin cream, ointment, or solution
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Betnovate Scalp Application. You may be advised that Betnovate Scalp Application will not suit you if you already take another steroid containing skin preparation or a topical treatment for skin inflammation.
Because Betnovate Scalp Application may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Betnovate Scalp Application will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Betnovate Scalp Application will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.