Images for illustrative purposes only
- Progestogen only
- Suitable for women who are breastfeeding
- Effective contraception
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Cerazette is a brand of the progesterone only contraceptive pill. Unlike combined contraceptive tablets, it does not contain oestrogen. It can be taken by women who are sexually active, but wish to prevent a pregnancy from occurring.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
- Cerazette is the trade name of a progesterone only pill (POP)
- Cerazette contains progesterone, but no oestrogen
- The form of progesterone contained with Cerazette is called desogestrel
- The progesterone only pill prevents a pregnancy when taken every day
- Cerazette is sometimes taken by women who cannot take oestrogen containing contraceptives
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Cerazette Work?
Progesterone is made naturally within a woman’s body during her menstrual cycle. Cerazette contains a synthetic version of progesterone. When taken every day, Cerazette prevents a woman from becoming pregnant by thickening the mucus at the cervix (entrance to the womb), stopping the sperm from reaching an egg. This prevents fertilisation and the start of a pregnancy.
Cerazette contains desogestrel, a type of progesterone. Desogestrel can also prevents an egg from being ripened and released from the ovary. This, combined with thickened cervical mucus, makes Cerazette a highly effective form of contraception.
How is Cerazette Taken?
Unlike combined contraceptive pills which often require a pill-free break, Cerazette should be taken every day.
There is no break between packs, simply keep taking the pill each day and start a new pack with no break in between.
You should take Cerazette at the same time every day. If you take a pill late, or forget to take it, you should seek advice to check if you still have contraceptive cover.
You should swallow the tablet whole, with some water.
Dosage of Cerazette
Each Cerazette tablet contains 75 micrograms of desogestrel. One tablet is taken every day. Each tablet is labelled with the day of the week to make it easier for you. Follow the arrows on the pack to make sure that you don’t miss a pill.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Cerazette can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Change in mood including depression
- Reduced sex drive
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Acne or spots
- Tender breasts
- Putting on weight.
More serious side effects are rare but include:
- Possible increase in the risk of developing breast cancer
- Possible increase in the risk of developing a blood clot in the legs, lungs or elsewhere in the body
- Serious change in mood leading to thoughts of suicide.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Cerazette will not suit everyone, including women who:
- Have ever had a blood clot such as a DVT (blood clot in the legs) or PE (blood clot in the lungs)
- Have liver disease or have ever been jaundiced
- Have, or have ever been diagnosed with, breast cancer
- Have unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Have had an allergic reaction to any medication in the past.
Cerazette may also not suit women who have diabetes, epilepsy, tuberculosis, high blood pressure or patchy skin changes called chloasma.
During the Consultation with EU Meds, you will be asked to complete a health questionnaire to check that Cerazette is suitable for you.
A prescriber from EU Meds will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements. Some medications can make Cerazette less effective in preventing a pregnancy. Your prescriber will check that Cerazette will not be affected by your current medications.
Once prescribed, you can order Cerazette online for home delivery.