Some of our products are currently unavailable, these will be back in stock in February. Thank you for your continued patience.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Treats eczema and psoriasis
- Effective cream
- Relieves symptoms
- Genuine medication
- Sourced in the UK
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Clobetasol Cream contains the corticosteroid clobetasol propionate. This steroid is extremely potent and must therefore be used sparingly. Clobetasol Cream is sometimes known by its brand name Dermovate. Clobetasol Cream is used to treat eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus, discoid lupus erythematosus and other skin conditions that have not responded to less potent steroid skin preparations.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
About Clobetasol Cream
- Clobetasol Cream is a very potent steroid cream and must be used sparingly for short periods of time
- Clobetasol Cream treats skin irritation caused by eczema, dermatitis, and other conditions
- Clobetasol Cream is often used in conjunction with other emollient creams to help keep skin inflammation under control
- Clobetasol Cream can occasionally irritate the skin
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Clobetasol Cream Work?
Clobetasol Cream contains a very potent steroid to help minimise inflammation.
When the skin is inflamed, the blood vessels dilate and inflammatory cells flood into the area. This leads to itching, redness, swelling and pain. Steroid creams such as Clobetasol Cream help to reduce these symptoms by dampening down the body’s immune response. The inflammation begins to resolve, and the skin feels less irritated and sore.
Clobetasol Cream is often prescribed when other milder steroid creams, such as hydrocortisone, have not helped.
The steroid relieves the manifestations of inflammatory skin conditions, including:
- Dermatitis (skin inflammation with numerous causes)
- Dermatitis caused by an allergy
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Lupus erythematosus
- Lichen simplex and lichen planus.
Clobetasol Cream can be used on the body or scalp.
How is Clobetasol Cream Used?
Clobetasol Cream should only be applied to the area of irritation or inflammation. Due to its potent strength, only a small amount of steroid should be applied at each application. Take note of your personalised instructions, as some people should apply Clobetasol Cream more than once a day, whilst for others once is enough.
Steroid creams are often measured in ‘fingertip units’. A fingertip unit is the amount of cream you can squeeze onto the end (tip) of one finger. One fingertip unit of cream is enough to cover an area that’s twice the size of your palm, so for a small area of inflammation you need to apply very little cream.
Wash your hands first, and then apply the cream in a thin layer. Gently smooth it onto your skin, making sure you cover all of the affected area. Wash your hands afterwards so that your fingers are not exposed to the steroid unnecessarily.
Steroid creams can be applied to wet or weeping areas of skin. Avoid getting it in any cuts or broken areas of skin.
If you have very dry skin, you may be prescribed the thicker, oilier Clobetasol Cream instead. The ointment helps to trap moisture in the skin, helping to treat any dryness.
Dosage of Clobetasol Cream
Clobetasol Cream comes in a strength of 0.05%.
Check the instructions to see how often you should apply Clobetasol Cream. You may find it takes a few days to notice an improvement in your skin.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Clobetasol Cream can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Itching or burning of the skin
- Small white or red bumps on the skin
- Bruising of the skin.
If you are concerned about any of these side effects, you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally, after prolonged use of Clobetasol Cream, some people will notice that their skin is thinner. Some people also develop stretch marks. The stretch marks may fade over time, but are likely to be permanent.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Clobetasol Cream Warnings
You should stop using Clobetasol Cream if:
- You get lighter or darker skin patches
- You start to feel very unwell with vomiting (being sick), dizziness, weakness, tiredness, mood changes, loss of appetite or diarrhoea – this could be a sign of adrenal gland problems
- You feel confused, sleepy, thirsty, hungrier than usual, pass urine frequently or notice that your breath smells sweet or fruity – this could be a sign of high blood sugar
- Your skin condition worsens, or you notice yellow fluid weeping from the skin – this could be a sign of a new or worsening infection
- You notice any changes in your eyesight.
Clobetasol Cream may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have glaucoma or cataracts
- Have areas of infected eczema or a fungal skin infection – you may be prescribed a steroid cream combined with an antibiotic
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to a skin cream, ointment, or solution
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Clobetasol Cream. You may be advised that Clobetasol Cream will not suit you if you already take another steroid cream or topical preparation.
Because Clobetasol Cream may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Clobetasol Cream will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Clobetasol Cream will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.