May Bank holiday updates: Please ensure orders are placed early to allow time for delivery. Please note we are unable to ship to NI and Scotland.
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
- Reduces inflammation
- Treats skin conditions
- Soothes redness and itching
- Genuine medication
- Sourced in the UK
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Dermovate Ointment contains the corticosteroid clobetasol propionate. This steroid is extremely potent and must therefore be used sparingly. Dermovate Ointment is used to treat eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus, discoid lupus erythematosus and other skin conditions that have not responded to less potent steroid skin preparations such as hydrocortisone.
Elija el tratamiento correcto
Inicie su pedido desde su hogar
Sin costos ocultos
Medicación enviada a la puerta de su casa
Empaque discreto y sencillo
Rápido y Fácil
Sin citas ni tiempos de espera largos
Empaque sencillo sin sellos médicos ni marcas
Su información permanece con nosotros y el pago es privado
Medicamentos de Reino Unido
Prescripciones emitidas por Médicos Europeos
About Dermovate Ointment
- Dermovate Ointment contains a very potent steroid called clobetasol, and must be used sparingly for short periods of time
- Dermovate Ointment treats skin irritation caused by eczema, dermatitis, and other conditions
- Dermovate Ointment is often used together with emollient creams that to help keep skin well hydrated, with areas of inflammation kept under control
- Dermovate Ointment can occasionally irritate the skin and may cause skin thinning with long term use
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Dermovate Ointment Work?
Dermovate Ointment contains a very potent steroid that helps to minimise inflammation.
When the skin is inflamed, the blood vessels dilate and inflammatory cells flood into the area. This leads to itching, redness, swelling and pain. Steroid ointments such as Dermovate Ointment help to reduce these symptoms by dampening down the body’s immune response. The inflammation begins to resolve, and skin irritation is reduced.
Dermovate Ointment is often prescribed when other milder steroids such as hydrocortisone or betamethasone (Betnovate) have not helped.
Dermovate Ointment relieves the manifestations of inflammatory skin conditions, including:
- Dermatitis (skin inflammation with numerous causes)
- Dermatitis caused by an allergy
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Lupus erythematosus
- Lichen simplex and lichen planus.
Dermovate Ointment can be used on the body or scalp.
How is Dermovate Ointment Used?
Dermovate Ointment is potent and should only be applied to the area of irritation or inflammation. Due to its potent strength, only a small amount of steroid should be applied at each application. Take note of your personalised instructions, as some people should apply Dermovate Ointment just once a day, whilst others will need to apply it more often.
Steroid ointments are often measured in ‘fingertip units’. A fingertip unit is the amount of ointment you can squeeze onto the end (tip) of one finger. One fingertip unit of ointment is enough to cover an area that’s twice the size of your palm, so for a small area of inflammation you need to apply very little ointment.
Wash your hands first, and then apply the ointment in a thin layer. Gently smooth it onto your skin, making sure you cover all of the affected area. Wash your hands afterwards so that your fingers are not exposed to the steroid unnecessarily.
Steroid ointments are best applied to dry areas of skin, rather than areas that are wet or weeping. Avoid getting the ointment in any broken areas of skin or cuts.
If you have skin that is weeping, you may be prescribed Dermovate Cream instead.
Dosage of Dermovate Ointment
Dermovate Ointment comes in a strength of 0.05%.
Check the instructions to see how often you should apply the ointment. It may take a few days to notice an improvement in your skin.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Dermovate Ointment can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Small white or red bumps on the skin
- Itching or burning of the skin
- Bruising of the skin
If you are concerned about any of these side effects, you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally, after prolonged use of Dermovate Ointment, some people will notice that their skin is thinner. Some people also develop stretch marks. The stretch marks may fade over time, but are likely to be permanent.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Dermovate Ointment Warnings
You should stop using Dermovate Ointment if:
- Your skin condition worsens, or you notice yellow fluid weeping from the skin – this could be a sign of a new or worsening infection and you should seek medical advice
- You feel very unwell with vomiting (being sick), dizziness, weakness, tiredness, mood changes, loss of appetite or diarrhoea – this could be a sign of adrenal gland problems
- You feel confused, sleepy, thirsty, hungrier than usual, pass urine frequently or notice that your breath smells sweet or fruity – this could be a sign of high blood sugar
- You get lighter or darker patches of skin
- You notice any changes in your eyesight.
Dermovate Ointment may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have areas of infected eczema or a fungal skin infection – you may be prescribed a steroid combined with an antibiotic
- Have glaucoma or cataracts
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to a skin cream, ointment, or solution
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Dermovate Ointment. You may be advised that Dermovate Ointment will not suit you if you already use another steroid ointment or topical preparation.
Because Dermovate Ointment may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Dermovate Ointment will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Dermovate Ointment will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Dermovate Ointment will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.
Aquí para ayudarte
Our Customer Service is available Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999. Visit our help section