We are just in the process of updating our partner pharmacies to deliver all medications. Please hold for any delays.
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
- Treats symptoms of hay fever
- Works quickly
- Convenient tablet form
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Desloratadine is a type of antihistamine medication. It can be taken to treat the symptoms of an allergy including a rash, itchy skin, or a stuffy nose. It is considered to be a non-drowsy antihistamine, however caution must still be exercised as some people may still feel sleepy when taking it.
para recibir su pedido
Elija el tratamiento correcto
Inicie su pedido desde su hogar
Sin costos ocultos
Medicación enviada a la puerta de su casa
Empaque discreto y sencillo
Rápido y Fácil
Sin citas ni tiempos de espera largos
Empaque sencillo sin sellos médicos ni marcas
Su información permanece con nosotros y el pago es privado
Medicamentos de Reino Unido
Prescripciones emitidas por Médicos Europeos
- Desloratadine is an antihistamine tablet used to treat the symptoms of an allergy including hay fever
- Desloratadine is sometimes known by its brand name Neoclarityn
- It is classed as a non-drowsy medication, but some people may still feel drowsy when taking it
- One tablet is usually taken each day
- Some people may experience a dry mouth when taking desloratadine
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Desloratadine Work?
Allergic symptoms can occur when you are exposed to allergens such as pollen, pet hair or dust. The cells in the nose release histamine, a chemical that then leads to nasal inflammation. The inflammation is known as rhinitis and it manifests as sneezing and a blocked, runny or stuffy nose. As an antihistamine, desloratadine blocks the release of histamine from the nose cells, helping to minimise the symptoms of the allergy.
In the skin, an itchy rash can occur as a result of an allergen, exposure to heat, or after exercise. This rash is known as urticaria. Desloratadine eases the urticaria to minimise the rash and soothe the skin.
How is Desloratadine Taken?
Desloratadine is a tablet that should be swallowed with some water. The tablet can be taken with or without food.
It is best to take desloratadine at the same time every day as this makes it easier to remember to take it. You may only need to take it at certain times of the year (such as with hay fever), or if have been (or are likely to be) exposed to an allergen such as cat or dog hair.
Dosage of Desloratadine
One 5mg tablet of desloratadine should be taken each day when required. The duration of treatment will depend on the cause of your rhinitis or urticaria.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, desloratadine can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Feeling drowsy or sleepy – if you drive or operate complex or heavy machinery, you must not do so if you experience this side effect
- Dry mouth
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Desloratadine may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have kidney disease
- Have epilepsy or seizures, or if anyone in your family has a history of seizures
- Have alcohol dependency or regularly drink alcohol
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with desloratadine. You may be advised that desloratadine will not suit you if you already take:
- Another antihistamine or allergy medication.
Because desloratadine may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that desloratadine will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, desloratadine will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Desloratadine will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.