- Elleste Solo
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
Elleste Solo is a medication used to treat the symptoms of the menopause. Each tablet contains a synthetic version of oestrogen called oestradiol. Oestradiol works to restore the falling levels of oestrogen associated with the menopause, to help manage the associated symptoms. It is a form of hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- Oestrogen-only medication
- Suitable for women who have had a hysterectomy
- Treats symptoms of the menopause
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
About Elleste Solo
- Elleste Solo contains a synthetic version of oestrogen called oestradiol
- Elleste Solo is available in two strengths
- The tablets are usually prescribed to treat symptoms such as hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness
- Elleste Solo does not contain the other female sex hormone, progesterone, and is therefore not suitable for all women
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Elleste Solo Work?
Elleste Solo contains oestradiol, a synthetic version of oestrogen. During the menopause, oestrogen levels fall, and using Elleste Solo helps to restore the levels to treat side effects such as vaginal dryness, hot flushes, and night sweats.
As Elleste Solo does not contain a drug that mimics progesterone, it is usually only prescribed for women who have had their womb (uterus) removed (a procedure called a hysterectomy). If you still have a womb, you can take Elleste Solo, but you must also take an additional HRT medication that contains progesterone.
How is Elleste Solo Taken?
One Elleste Solo tablet should be taken every day. If you have had a hysterectomy, no additional treatment is required.
In women who still have their uterus or womb, a progesterone containing medication must be added and taken for 12 to 14 days of each cycle. This prevents any unhealthy changes occurring to your uterus. If you still have regular periods, you should start taking Elleste Solo on the first day of bleeding. If your periods have stopped or are irregular, you can start taking Elleste Solo at a time to suit you.
If you miss a tablet, you should take it as soon as you remember. If the missed tablet will be more than 12 hours late, skip that dose and take the next tablet at the correct time.
Each tablet should be swallowed with some water.
Dosage of Elleste Solo
Elleste Solo is available in two strengths:
- 1mg tablets contain 1mg of oestradiol hemihydrate
- 2mg tablets contain 2mg of oestradiol hemihydrate.
Most women start on the lower dose. The 2mg tablets are sometimes prescribed for women at risk of osteoporosis who cannot take other treatments that prevent osteoporosis.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Elleste Solo can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Changes to your mood
- Breast tenderness or enlargement
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Abdominal pain
- Changes to libido
- Rash or itching
- Swelling, fluid retention, or oedema
- Fungal infection of the vagina
If these side effects persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Using HRT can cause a slight increase in the risk of some cancers including breast and uterine cancer. The risk increases when using a higher strength preparation for a long period. It is important that the benefits of using Elleste Solo outweigh the potential risks.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Elleste Solo Warnings
Elleste Solo may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have ever had breast cancer (or suspected breast cancer)
- Have endometrial (or another oestrogen dependent) cancer
- Have undiagnosed vaginal or genital bleeding
- Have endometrial hyperplasia, fibroids, or endometriosis
- Have, or have ever had, a PE (pulmonary embolism) or DVT (deep vein thrombosis) – a blood clot to the lungs or leg
- Have a thrombophilic disorder (blood clotting disorders)
- Have angina or have had a heart attack (myocardial infarction), or any other form of arterial blood clot
- Have had a stroke
- Have liver disease
- Have porphyria
- Have hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Have diabetes
- Have migraine
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE or lupus)
- Have epilepsy
- Have asthma
- Have otosclerosis.
If you become pregnant whilst taking Elleste Solo, the tablets must be stopped immediately. Elleste Solo is not suitable for use when breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Elleste Solo. You may be advised that Elleste Solo will not suit you if you already take:
- Phenytoin, phenobarbital, or carbamazepine for seizures or fits
- St John’s Wort (Hypericum Perforatum).
Because Elleste Solo may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Elleste Solo will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Elleste Solo will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Elleste Solo will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.