Elleste Solo MX
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
- Effective HRT medication
- Convenient patch form
- Can be used to treat osteoporosis
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Elleste Solo MX is a medication used to treat the symptoms of the menopause. Elleste Solo MX is a patch preparation that contains a synthetic version of oestrogen called oestradiol. Oestradiol works to restore the falling levels of oestrogen associated with the menopause, to help manage the associated symptoms. Elleste Solo MX is a form of hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
Elija el tratamiento correcto
Inicie su pedido desde su hogar
Sin costos ocultos
Medicación enviada a la puerta de su casa
Empaque discreto y sencillo
Rápido y Fácil
Sin citas ni tiempos de espera largos
Empaque sencillo sin sellos médicos ni marcas
Su información permanece con nosotros y el pago es privado
Medicamentos de Reino Unido
Prescripciones emitidas por Médicos Europeos
About Elleste Solo MX
- Elleste Solo MX contains a synthetic version of oestrogen called oestradiol
- Elleste Solo MX is a patch that is available in two strengths
- Elleste Solo MX is effective in treating symptoms of the menopause including vaginal dryness, night sweats and hot flushes
- Elleste Solo MX does not contain the other female sex hormone progesterone, and is therefore not suitable for all women
- Some women may need to take a progesterone containing hormone replacement therapy in addition to using an Elleste Solo MX patch
- Occasionally Elleste Solo MX is used in other conditions where the ovaries do not produce enough oestrogen
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Elleste Solo MX Work?
Elleste Solo MX contains a synthetic version of oestrogen. Oestrogen levels fall around the time of the menopause, which can lead to symptoms including hot flushes, night sweats, and vaginal dryness.
The oestradiol in each Elleste Solo MX patch is absorbed into the body through the skin, topping up the oestrogen levels and offsetting the symptoms of the menopause.
Elleste Solo MX is also useful for preventing osteoporosis in women. Osteoporosis is common in menopausal women as oestrogen plays a part in maintaining bone health. Elleste Solo MX may therefore be prescribed to help minimise the risk of fractures or other bone disease.
How is Elleste Solo MX Used?
Each Elleste Solo MX patch needs to be used as prescribed. It is important that a patch is applied to clean, dry skin on the lower back or on the buttocks.
The patch will need to be removed 3 or 4 days later, and then the next patch applied straight away (change the patch in a cycle of once every 3 and 4 days so that you are using two patches each week). Apply each new patch in a new area away from the location you have just used.
After removal, dispose of the patch carefully away from children.
Dosage of Elleste Solo MX
Elleste Solo MX patches are available in two strengths.
- 40 microgram patches contain 1.25 mg of oestradiol hemihydrate, and release 40 micrograms of oestradiol into the body each day.
- 80 microgram patches contain 2.5 mg of oestradiol hemihydrate, and release 40 micrograms of oestradiol into the body each day.
Usually, women start using a 40 microgram patch to reduce the risk of side effects.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Elleste Solo MX can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Redness or irritation at the site of the patch
- Nausea or vomiting (feeling sick or being sick)
- Abdominal pain
- Vaginal thrush (a yeast or fungal infection)
- Swelling, fluid retention or oedema
- Weight gain or loss
- Feeling tired.
If these side effects persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Using HRT can cause a slight increase in the risk of some cancers including breast and uterine cancer. The risk increases when using a higher strength preparation for a long period. It is important that the benefits of using Elleste Solo MX outweigh the potential risks.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Elleste Solo MX Warnings
Elleste Solo MX may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have, or have ever had, breast cancer
- Have, or have ever had a cancer stimulated by oestrogen, such as a uterine (womb) cancer
- Have undiagnosed vaginal or genital bleeding
- Have endometrial hyperplasia, fibroids, or endometriosis
- Have, or have ever had, a PE (pulmonary embolism) or DVT (deep vein thrombosis) – a blood clot to the lungs or leg
- Have a thrombophilic disorder (blood clotting disorders)
- Have angina or have had a heart attack (myocardial infarction), or any other form of arterial blood clot
- Have had a stroke
- Have liver disease
- Have porphyria
- Have hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Have diabetes
- Have migraine
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE or lupus)
- Have epilepsy
- Have asthma
- Are overweight or a smoker.
If you become pregnant whilst taking Elleste Solo MX, the patches must be stopped immediately. Elleste Solo MX is not suitable for use when breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Elleste Solo MX. You may be advised that Elleste Solo MX will not suit you if you already take:
- Phenytoin, phenobarbital, or carbamazepine for seizures or fits
- St John’s Wort (Hypericum Perforatum).
Because Elleste Solo MX may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Elleste Solo MX will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Elleste Solo MX will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Elleste Solo MX will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.