Images for illustrative purposes only
- Effective treatment
- Reduces symptoms of rosacea
- Helps to unblock pores and clear spots
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Finacea Gel is a gel treatment used to manage the symptoms associated with mild to moderate acne, and rosacea associated with spots. It should be applied twice daily to all of the area affected by spots, rather than just on each spot. Finacea Gel contains the active ingredient azelaic acid.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
About Finacea Gel
- Finacea Gel is applied topically to the skin
- It is often prescribed to treat the spots associated with acne and rosacea
- Finacea Gel contains the active ingredient azelaic acid
- Azelaic acid works by unblocking the pores that could cause whiteheads or blackheads
- It should be applied to the whole area affected, not just individual spots
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Finacea Gel Work?
Finacea Gel is often prescribed to help manage and soothe the spots and pimples associated with acne and rosacea. In these conditions, skin pores can become blocked with sebum, dead skin cells, and bacteria, leading to whiteheads and blackheads. These spots can be painful, and can also lead to feelings of embarrassment. It is therefore common to request treatment for spots in adolescence and adulthood.
Finacea Gel contains 15% azelaic acid. This ingredient is known to unblock the pores, helping to minimise the risk of spots occurring.
How is Finacea Gel Used?
Finacea Gel should be applied to clean, dry skin twice daily. It should be applied to the area of the skin that is generally affected by spots, and not just the individual spots. In this way, the chance of more spots forming is reduced.
You should wash your hands before and after every application to avoid skin irritation.
Dosage of Finacea Gel
Finacea Gel should be used sparingly. As a guide, 2.5cm of the gel is sufficient to cover the entire facial area.
Teenagers aged 12 to 18 with acne can use the same amount of Finacea Gel as adults.
The gel contains 15% azelaic acid.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Finacea Gel can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Irritation or a burning sensation where the gel is applied
- Itching or redness of the skin.
If the side effects are mild, they are likely to resolve within a few applications. However, if the side effects cannot be tolerated, you can reduce application of the gel to once daily. Alternatively, have a break of a few days before resuming treatment.
More rarely, some people experience dry skin, a rash, tingling or numbness of the skin. If this occurs, wait until your skin has recovered and then try using Finacea Gel again.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Finacea Gel Warnings
Finacea Gel may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Already use another skin product (including simple soaps and cleansers), over the counter topical cream or gel, or prescribed preparations – you may be advised to stop using these when starting Finacea Gel
- Have asthma
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Care must be taken to avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, and nasal passages, as Finacea Gel can cause irritation in these areas. If contact should occur, wash the area with large amounts of water.
Because Finacea Gel may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Finacea Gel will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Finacea Gel will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Finacea Gel will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.