May Bank holiday updates: Please ensure orders are placed early to allow time for delivery. Please note we are unable to ship to NI and Scotland.
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
- Helps to manage asthma symptoms
- Relieves inflammation in the lungs
- For asthma that's not controlled by using a regular preventer inhaler and a reliever inhaler
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Fostair NEXThaler is an inhaler that contains a combination of medications to help manage the symptoms of asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). It is prescribed when weaker inhalers have not adequately controlled symptoms. It is taken every day to prevent symptoms.
Elija el tratamiento correcto
Inicie su pedido desde su hogar
Sin costos ocultos
Medicación enviada a la puerta de su casa
Empaque discreto y sencillo
Rápido y Fácil
Sin citas ni tiempos de espera largos
Empaque sencillo sin sellos médicos ni marcas
Su información permanece con nosotros y el pago es privado
Medicamentos de Reino Unido
Prescripciones emitidas por Médicos Europeos
About Fostair NEXThaler
- Fostair NEXThaler is used to treat asthma and COPD
- Fostair NEXThaler contains beclomethasone and formoterol
- It is usually only prescribed for adults
- The inhaler is available in two different strengths
- You will likely also require a reliever inhaler to be taken in case of acute worsening of your symptoms
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Fostair NEXThaler Work?
Fostair NEXThaler contains two active medications, beclomethasone and formoterol.
Beclomethasone is a corticosteroid. The steroid helps to reduce the swelling within the airways. It does this by dampening down the actions of inflammatory cells in the airways, including mast cells and white blood cells. Once the swelling is minimised, it is easier to draw air into the lungs via the airways. This makes your breathing feel easier and helps to reduce wheezing.
Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator. This means it works throughout the day to keep your airways dilated (wide) so that it is easier to breathe. It can also help to reduce associated symptoms including cough and wheeze. Formoterol is also helpful when acute or sudden symptoms appear, as it can quickly help to widen the airways.
In combination, these two drugs are helpful for treating asthma and COPD when milder, or single drug, inhalers have not controlled symptoms.
It can take a few days for a preventer inhaler to reduce your symptoms. Once your symptoms improve, it is important to continue using your inhaler every day as prescribed. Stopping your inhaler is likely to lead to your respiratory symptoms recurring.
You may also need a “reliever” inhaler in case of a sudden flare up of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing, coughing, or an asthma attack.
How is Fostair NEXThaler Taken?
Fostair NEXThaler is a dry powder inhaler. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure you take your inhaler properly.
Following these instructions will help to ensure you get the full dose.
- Sit or stand up straight
- Hold the inhaler upright with the flat base at the bottom
- Open the cover until you hear a click
- Check the dose counter to ensure the inhaler isn’t empty
- Check there is nothing inside the mouthpiece
- Hold the inhaler horizontally, and don’t tip it upside down as this can cause the powder to fall out
- Check that your fingers are not covering the air vents
- Breathe out gently and slowly away from the inhaler
- Put your lips around the mouthpiece to make a tight seal
- Breathe in quickly and deeply – you should hear a click
- Keep breathing in so that you get all of the medicine
- Take the inhaler out of your mouth, and hold your breath for 5 to 10 seconds
- Breathe out slowly away from the inhaler
- If you have been prescribed a second dose, close the cover to reset the device, and then repeat steps 6 to 13.
Close the cover once you have taken your inhaler as prescribed.
You should rinse your mouth out or gargle with water after taking the inhaler to minimise the risk of oral infections occurring with inhaled steroid use.
Dosage of Fostair NEXThaler
The usual dose of Fostair NEXThaler is one or two puffs twice a day.
There are two different strengths of Fostair NEXThaler available.
- The lower strength inhaler contains 100 micrograms of beclometasone dipropionate anhydrous, and 6 micrograms of formoterol fumarate dihydrate (known as 100/6mcg).
- The higher strength inhaler contains 200 micrograms of beclometasone dipropionate anhydrous, and 6 micrograms of formoterol fumarate dihydrate (known as 200/6 micrograms).
The lowest strength of Fostair NEXThaler that adequately manages your symptoms should be prescribed. This may mean that you need to have your asthma re-assessed by a doctor or asthma nurse to establish the right dose for your symptoms.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Fostair NEXThaler can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Mouth and throat irritation
- Hoarse voice
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Some COPD patients may develop lung infections including pneumonia when using Fostair NEXThaler. A respiratory infection will need assessing and treating by your doctor.
As with many inhalers, Fostair NEXThaler can cause worsening of asthma symptoms when the inhaler is taken. If this occurs, you should take your reliever inhaler and speak to a doctor straight away, as another preventer inhaler may need to be prescribed.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Fostair NEXThaler Warnings
Fostair NEXThaler may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have an abnormal heart rhythm
- Have tuberculosis
- Have heart disease or heart failure
- Have an overactive thyroid
- Have diabetes
- Have phaeochromocytoma
- Have alcohol dependence or regularly drink large volumes of alcohol
- Have been told you have low potassium levels, or are at risk of this due to other prescribed medications
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding - this is because it is important that your asthma is well controlled at these times.
Some medications can interact with Fostair NEXThaler. You may be advised that Fostair NEXThaler will not suit you if you already take:
- Beta blockers
- A medication that is known to lower potassium levels, including steroids and diuretics (water tablets)
Because Fostair NEXThaler may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Fostair NEXThaler will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Fostair NEXThaler will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Fostair NEXThaler will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.
Aquí para ayudarte
Our Customer Service is available Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999. Visit our help section