May Bank holiday updates: Please ensure orders are placed early to allow time for delivery. Please note we are unable to ship to NI and Scotland.
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
- Relieves symptoms of the menopause
- Combined hormones
- Dial packet for ease-of-use
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Kliovance is a tablet medication used to treat the symptoms of the menopause. During the menopause, levels of the female hormones oestrogen and progesterone start to fall. Kliovance is a continuous combined hormone replacement therapy (HRT) because it contains synthetic versions of both oestrogen and progesterone, which are both released at the same time.
Elija el tratamiento correcto
Inicie su pedido desde su hogar
Sin costos ocultos
Medicación enviada a la puerta de su casa
Empaque discreto y sencillo
Rápido y Fácil
Sin citas ni tiempos de espera largos
Empaque sencillo sin sellos médicos ni marcas
Su información permanece con nosotros y el pago es privado
Medicamentos de Reino Unido
Prescripciones emitidas por Médicos Europeos
- Kliovance is used to treat the symptoms of the menopause
- Kliovance is a form of continuous combined HRT
- Synthetic oestrogen and progesterone are contained in each tablet
- One tablet should be taken every day without interruption
- Kliovance is usually only prescribed for women who still have their uterus (i.e., have not undergone a hysterectomy)
- The benefits of using Kliovance must outweigh the risk of side effects
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Kliovance Work?
Kliovance contains synthetic versions of the two female sex hormones, oestrogen and progesterone. At the time of the menopause, levels of these hormones start to fall. This can lead to symptoms including hot flushes, night sweats, hair thinning, mood changes and vaginal dryness. Replacing the natural hormones with synthetic versions by using Kliovance can help to minimise the symptoms of the menopause.
How is Kliovance Taken?
One tablet should be swallowed with some water every day without interruption. Try to take the tablet at the same time every day as this may help to keep the hormone levels more stable, and will also help you to remember to take the tablet.
If you forget your tablet, but it is less than 12 hours later than usual, take the missed tablet as soon as possible. If it is more than 12 hours later than you would usually take the tablet, skip that tablet and take the next dose at the normal time. Forgetting a tablet may increase the risk of breakthrough bleeding or spotting.
If you no longer have periods and do not currently take another form of HRT, you can start taking Kliovance on a day to suit you.
If you are changing to Kliovance from a sequential form of HRT, you should start taking Kliovance right after your withdrawal bleed has ended.
Dosage of Kliovance
One tablet should be taken every day. Each tablet contains 1mg of oestradiol (synthetic oestrogen) and 0.5mg of norethisterone (synthetic progesterone).
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Kliovance can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Breast pain or tenderness
- Vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal or vulval candidiasis (thrush infection)
- Fluid retention
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Back pain
- Breast enlargement
- Weight gain.
If these side effects persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Using HRT can cause a slight increase in the risk of some cancers including breast and uterine cancer. The risk increases when using a higher strength preparation for a long time. It is important that the benefits of using Kliovance outweigh the potential risks.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Kliovance may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have ever had breast cancer (or suspected breast cancer)
- Have endometrial (or another oestrogen dependent) cancer
- Have undiagnosed vaginal or genital bleeding
- Have endometrial hyperplasia, fibroids, or endometriosis
- Have, or have ever had, a PE (pulmonary embolism) or DVT (deep vein thrombosis) – a blood clot to the lungs or leg
- Have a thrombophilic disorder (blood clotting disorders)
- Have angina or have had a heart attack (myocardial infarction), or any other form of arterial blood clot
- Have had a stroke
- Have liver disease
- Have porphyria
- Have hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Have gallstones
- Have diabetes
- Have migraine
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE or lupus)
- Have epilepsy
- Have asthma
- Have otosclerosis.
If you become pregnant whilst taking Kliovance, you must stop the tablets immediately. Kliovance is not suitable for use when breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Kliovance. You may be advised that Kliovance will not suit you if you already take:
- Anti-seizure medications including phenobarbital, phenytoin, or carbamazepine
- Anti-infective medications including rifampicin, rifabutin, nevirapine, or efavirenz
- Ritonavir, telaprevir, or nelfinavir
- St John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Because Kliovance may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Kliovance will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Kliovance will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Kliovance will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.
Aquí para ayudarte
Our Customer Service is available Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999. Visit our help section