We are just in the process of updating our partner pharmacies to deliver all medications. Please hold for any delays.
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
- Contains a synthetic version of a thyroid hormone
- Effective for treating hypothyroidism
- Suitable for those who can't have Levothyroxine
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Liothyronine is used to treat extremely low levels of thyroid hormone. It restores the levels of thyroid hormone within the body, so that they are within the normal range. It is less commonly prescribed than other forms of synthetic thyroid hormone, such as levothyroxine, but is sometimes required for severe thyroid disease when thyroid hormone levels need to be restored quickly.
para recibir su pedido
Elija el tratamiento correcto
Inicie su pedido desde su hogar
Sin costos ocultos
Medicación enviada a la puerta de su casa
Empaque discreto y sencillo
Rápido y Fácil
Sin citas ni tiempos de espera largos
Empaque sencillo sin sellos médicos ni marcas
Su información permanece con nosotros y el pago es privado
Medicamentos de Reino Unido
Prescripciones emitidas por Médicos Europeos
What is Liothyronine?
- Liothyronine is a synthetic form of thyroid hormone
- It is prescribed to treat extremely low levels of thyroid hormone caused by an underactive thyroid
- It may also be prescribed to treat an overactive thyroid if natural thyroid hormone production has been medically blocked
- Liothyronine may work more quickly than other forms of synthetic thyroid hormone
- You will need to have your thyroid hormone levels measured regularly when taking liothyronine
- Side effects may occur if your dose of liothyronine is too high
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Liothyronine Work?
Liothyronine is a hormone drug that works in a similar way to the body’s natural thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone affects most organs in the body, and has an impact on your heartbeat, weight, and energy levels. This hormone can also have an impact on your hair, menstrual cycle, and whether you feel hot or cold.
When your body does not produce enough thyroid hormone, this is called hypothyroidism. You may gain weight, become constipated or feel tired. Liothyronine replaces the hormone to make sure that vital processes within the body can still occur.
If your body produces too much thyroid hormone, this is called hyperthyroidism. You may lose weight, feel anxious, notice a fast heartbeat or trembling in your hands. Your doctor may prescribe a tablet to block your body from making any thyroid hormone, but then replace it with a safe dose of liothyronine.
How is Liothyronine Taken?
Liothyronine is a tablet that should be swallowed with some water. If you have difficulty swallowing, the tablet can be crushed and allowed to dissolve in at least 20 millilitres of water for 5 minutes. You must then ingest all of the liquid to get the full dose.
What is the dosage of Liothyronine?
The starting dose of liothyronine is usually 10 to 20 micrograms every 8 hours. After one week, the dose may be increased to 30 micrograms twice a day or 20 micrograms three times a day.
Your doctor should monitor your thyroid hormone levels to ensure you are taking the correct dose.
What are the side effects of Liothyronine?
Like all medications, liothyronine can have some side effects. Side effects are more likely to occur if the dose is too high. The most common side effects include:
- Nausea and vomiting (feeling sick and being sick)
- Palpitations (feeling your heart pounding in your chest)
- Chest pain
- Feeling restless
- Shaking or having a tremor
- Losing weight
- Having difficulty sleeping
These side effects are likely to settle down if your dose is reduced. Speak to your doctor for advice if you experience side effects.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Liothyronine may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have high blood pressure
- Have heart or blood vessel disease
- Have an abnormal heart rhythm
- Have diabetes mellitus (diabetes related to high blood sugar levels)
- Have diabetes insipidus (diabetes related to excessive urine production)
- Have galactose intolerance
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with liothyronine. You may be advised that liothyronine will not suit you if you already take:
- Anticoagulants such as warfarin
- Phenytoin, carbamazepine or primidone for seizures or epilepsy
- Medications for heart disease
- Oral contraceptives
Because liothyronine may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that liothyronine will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, liothyronine will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Liothyronine will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.
Where to Buy Liothyronine Online?
You can safely buy Liothyronine online here at EU Meds. Our purchase process will guide you through getting the necessary prescription and receiving your order online through a UK-located pharmacy.