May Bank holiday updates: Please ensure orders are placed early to allow time for delivery. Please note we are unable to ship to NI and Scotland.
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
- Contains oestrogen and progestogen
- Highly effective form of birth control
- Easy to take
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Microgynon is a brand of the combined oral contraceptive pill. It is taken to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, and is an effective method of contraception when taken as prescribed.
Elija el tratamiento correcto
Inicie su pedido desde su hogar
Sin costos ocultos
Medicación enviada a la puerta de su casa
Empaque discreto y sencillo
Rápido y Fácil
Sin citas ni tiempos de espera largos
Empaque sencillo sin sellos médicos ni marcas
Su información permanece con nosotros y el pago es privado
Medicamentos de Reino Unido
Prescripciones emitidas por Médicos Europeos
- Microgynon is a combined oral contraceptive pill
- It contains synthetic versions of the natural hormones produced by a woman’s body oestrogen and progesterone
- Microgynon is the trade name, and the active ingredients are levonorgestrel and ethinylestradiol
- It is taken if you want to avoid getting pregnant whilst sexually active
- The combined pill is not suitable for all women, as it can increase the risk of blood clots and some cancers
- Microgynon does not protect against sexually transmitted infections
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Microgynon Work?
Microgynon contains two hormones that would naturally be produced by a woman’s body. When taken in the dose contained within the pill, they prevent you from getting pregnant.
Microgynon works in three ways to prevent a pregnancy from occurring.
- Microgynon prevents an egg from being released from the ovaries
- It makes the mucus around the cervix thicker to stop sperm from entering the uterus
- It prevents the lining of the uterus from thickening, so that a fertilised egg would be unable to implant and begin developing.
The combined pill is one of the most effective reversible forms of contraception. In this context, the word reversible means that if you stop taking it, you could get pregnant. It is therefore not a permanent choice and should not prevent you from getting pregnant in future if you wanted to.
How is Microgynon Taken?
One Microgynon tablet should be taken every day for 21 days in a row. After this, you will have a 7 day break where you do not take Microgynon. During this time, you are likely to have a withdrawal bleed. This is a bleed that is like a period.
At the end of the 7 days, you start a new strip of 21 tablets and continue this cycle to maintain your contraceptive cover.
You should take Microgynon at the same time every day.
Dosage of Microgynon
One Microgynon tablet should be taken every day during the 21 days. At the end of the 21 days, you have a 7 day break where you do not take Microgynon.
Each Microgynon pill contains 150 micrograms of levonorgestrel and 30 micrograms of ethinylestradiol.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like many contraceptive medications, some people will experience side effects when taking Microgynon. The most common side effects include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Stomach ache
- Weight gain
- Mood swings or low mood
- Painful breasts.
Less commonly, Microgynon can cause:
- Liver or kidney problems
- Yellow or brown patches to the skin (chloasma)
- Spotting between your periods.
Occasionally, Microgynon can cause more serious health concerns. Microgynon can increase your risk of:
- Blood clots to the legs – seek medical advice immediately if you experience a painful, red or swollen leg
- Blood clots to the lungs – seek help immediately if you experience breathlessness, chest pain or cough up any blood
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Liver disease.
Microgynon may not be suitable if you, or a close family member, have been diagnosed with one of these conditions.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Microgynon will not be suitable for everyone. You should tell you prescriber if you have been diagnosed with any of the following conditions:
- Liver or kidney disease
- Otosclerosis (a form of deafness)
- Cervical or breast cancer
- Blood clots including those in the legs or lungs
- Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Sickle cell disease
- Angioedema (swelling of different parts of the body)
During the Consultation with EU Meds, you will be asked to complete a health questionnaire to check that Microgynon is suitable for you.
A prescriber from EU Meds will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Microgynon will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, you can order Microgynon online for home delivery.
Aquí para ayudarte
Our Customer Service is available Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999. Visit our help section