We are just in the process of updating our partner pharmacies to deliver all medications. Please hold for any delays.
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
- Contains paracetamol and dihydrocodeine
- Taken when everyday painkillers haven't worked
- Provides relief from pain
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Remedeine Forte is a type of strong pain relief medication. It contains both paracetamol and dihydrocodeine. It may be prescribed for severe pain that has not settled with one type of pain relief alone.
para recibir su pedido
Elija el tratamiento correcto
Inicie su pedido desde su hogar
Sin costos ocultos
Medicación enviada a la puerta de su casa
Empaque discreto y sencillo
Rápido y Fácil
Sin citas ni tiempos de espera largos
Empaque sencillo sin sellos médicos ni marcas
Su información permanece con nosotros y el pago es privado
Medicamentos de Reino Unido
Prescripciones emitidas por Médicos Europeos
About Remedeine Forte
- Remedeine Forte is a strong pain relief medication that contains both paracetamol and dihydrocodeine
- Paracetamol is used to minimise many different sources of pain
- Dihydrocodeine is a strong pain medication used post-operatively or to manage the pain of a severe illness or injury
- Remedeine Forte is sometimes known by its generic name of co-dydramol
- Opiate pain relief can become addictive when taken for a long time, so your prescriber will advise how long you should expect to take Remedeine Forte for, and how to stop it
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Remedeine Forte Work?
The two active ingredients in Remedeine Forte are paracetamol and dihydrocodeine. These ingredients work in different ways to minimise pain.
Paracetamol is a drug that has been used for many years, but it is still not well understood. Paracetamol is thought to block the chemical messengers in the brain that tell us we have pain. This means that our sensation of pain is reduced.
Dihydrocodeine is a semi-synthetic opioid medication. It works by blocking pain signals before they reach the pain centre of the brain. This is an effective way to reduce the sensation of pain.
Combining two different forms of pain medication in this way not only offers effective pain relief, but also minimises the number of tablets you need to take each day.
How is Remedeine Forte Taken?
Remedeine Forte is available as a tablet preparation. Each tablet should be swallowed whole with water.
It is best to take Remedeine Forte with or just after a meal. This is because taking it on a full stomach helps to reduce the risk of feeling sick after taking the tablet.
Dosage of Remedeine Forte
Remedeine Forte is a brand of co-dydramol. Although co-dydramol is available in various strengths, Remedeine Forte contains the highest strength co-dydramol.
Each tablet contains 500mg of paracetamol, and 30mg of dihydrocodeine.
The usual dose of Remedeine Forte is one or two tablets every four to six hours. No more than eight tablets should be taken in a 24 hour period.
It is common for two tablets to be taken at a time. This equals a dose of 1000mg (1 gram) of paracetamol, which is the maximum recommended amount of paracetamol per dose. You must therefore not take any other paracetamol containing medications whilst taking Remedeine Forte.
As the tablets contain dihydrocodeine, Remedeine Forte can become additive when taken long term. Over a long period, some people can become dependent on opioid medications or experience symptoms of withdrawal when stopping them. Your prescriber will talk to you about your likely course of treatment and when you can expect to stop taking Remedeine Forte to avoid dependence.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Remedeine Forte can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Nausea or vomiting (feeling sick or being sick)
- Feeling sleepy
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or are troublesome you should speak to your doctor. If Remedeine Forte is providing good pain relief, your doctor may prescribe anti-sickness medications or a mild laxative to help with the side effects.
Rarely, some people experience more severe side effects when taking Remedeine Forte. These rare side effects include:
- Skin rashes and itching
- Trouble passing urine (peeing)
- Changes to vision.
If any of these side effects occur, you should speak to a doctor straight away.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Remedeine Forte Warnings
Remedeine Forte may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have had an allergic reaction to a medication in the past
- Have asthma or another lung disease
- Have, or have ever had, a head injury
- Have seizures or fits
- Have liver or kidney problems
- Have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Have thyroid disease
- Have adrenal gland problems
- Have ever had obstructive sleep apnoea, or your tonsils or adenoids removed
- Have alcohol dependence or drink more than 14 units of alcohol each week
- Have myasthenia gravis
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Remedeine Forte. You may be advised that Remedeine Forte will not suit you if you already take:
- Sleeping tablets
- Anti-sickness medications
- Antipsychotic medications
- Medicines for anxiety
- Medicines for epilepsy
- Antihistamines or allergy medications
- Blood thinning medications such as warfarin or heparin
- Antibiotics for tuberculosis.
You should also tell your prescriber about any herbal remedies or supplements you take. This will allow your prescriber to check that Remedeine Forte will not interact with them.
It is important that your doctor checks that Remedeine Forte will suit you. Your doctor should complete a thorough health questionnaire and review your current medications before prescribing this medication.