Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
Soolantra cream is prescribed to treat the skin condition rosacea. It contains the active ingredient ivermectin which helps to manage the inflammation of rosacea, reducing the redness and spots in the affected areas.
- Effective rosacea treatment
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-parasitic properties
- Reduces spots and redness
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
About Soolantra Cream
- Soolantra cream is prescribed to treat rosacea
- Soolantra cream contains the active ingredient ivermectin
- The ivermectin in Soolantra cream reduces the inflammation of rosacea, minimising the redness or spots associated with the condition
- Rosacea can affect the face, neck, ears, or chest, but Soolantra cream should only be applied to areas of rosacea on the face
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Soolantra Cream Work?
Rosacea is a condition that most commonly affects the face. Dermatologists believe that people with rosacea have a higher number of skin mites in the hair follicles of the skin. These mites can cause the skin to become hypersensitive and inflamed, leading to redness and spots.
The ivermectin in Soolantra cream kills the skin mites, reducing both skin inflammation and spot formation. Even if you have rosacea elsewhere on your body (such as the neck or chest), Soolantra cream must only be applied to the face.
How is Soolantra Cream Used?
Soolantra cream should be applied once daily for up to 4 months. If there is no improvement after 3 months, you should stop using the cream.
The course of Soolantra cream can be repeated, and it can also be used in combination with other topical treatments for rosacea.
You must wash your hands after applying the cream. Make up can be applied after the cream has dried.
Dosage of Soolantra Cream
A pea sized amount of cream should be applied to each of the five areas of the face including the forehead, chin, each cheek, and the nose. It should only be applied to the face, avoiding the eyes and mouth.
Each gram of cream contains 10 milligrams of ivermectin.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Soolantra cream can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- A burning sensation to the skin
- Skin irritation or itching
- Dry skin.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally upon starting Soolantra cream, your rosacea may appear to get worse before it gets better. This is thought to be due to the mites dying, but it should resolve within 1 week with continuation of the cream.
If you have a strong skin reaction to Soolantra cream that does not settle, the treatment should be discontinued.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Soolantra Cream Warnings
Soolantra cream may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have an allergy to any of the ingredients in Soolantra cream
- Have previously had a skin reaction to other products that contain alcohol
- Are currently using another product or medication for rosacea
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Your prescriber can then advise whether Soolantra cream is a suitable medication for you.
Because Soolantra cream may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Soolantra cream will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Soolantra Cream will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Soolantra Cream will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.