- Sukkarto SR
Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
Sukkarto SR is the brand name of a diabetes medication called metformin. It is a sustained release preparation that is absorbed into the bloodstream slowly for a longer lasting effect.
- Active ingredient is Metformin
- Effective treatment for type 2 diabetes
- Slow release tablets
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
What is Sukkarto SR?
- Sukkarto SR is a slow release preparation of the diabetes medication metformin
- Sukkarto SR is often prescribed for patients with type 2 diabetes, when changes to diet and exercise have not been enough to achieve normal blood sugar levels
- Sukkarto SR is often taken once a day with the evening meal
- Sukkarto SR can sometimes cause nausea (feeling sick) diarrhoea and stomach ache, but these will usually settle after a few days
- You will need regular check-ups with your doctor to make sure that Sukkarto SR suits you and is helping to control your blood sugar levels
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
What is Diabetes?
Our bodies rely on insulin which is made by the pancreas. Insulin helps to control the amount of glucose (sugar) in the blood. If the body starts to make less insulin, our blood sugar levels are left to rise unchecked. In some people, the body has also stopped responding properly to any insulin that is being produced. The rising blood sugar levels will lead to diabetes.
High levels of glucose in the blood over a prolonged period can cause damage to the blood vessels, nerves, kidneys, and eyes. Some patients will eventually require amputation of extremities including the toes or feet. It is therefore very important to keep your blood glucose levels under control, even if you currently feel well.
How Does Sukkarto SR Work?
Sukkarto SR helps people with diabetes keep their blood sugar levels within the normal range. It also helps your body use the insulin that it does still make more effectively, helping to lower high blood sugar levels.
Because Sukkarto SR is a slow release preparation, most people only need to take it once a day with their evening meal. Slow, or sustained, release medications are helpful for reducing the number of tablets you need to take each day.
How is Sukkarto SR Taken?
Sukkarto SR Tablets
Sukkarto SR is a tablet that should be swallowed with some water. The tablet should be taken when you eat your evening meal.
What is the proper dosage of Sukkarto SR?
Sukkarto SR 500mg / 1000mg
The usual starting dose of Sukkarto SR is 500mg each evening. Around 2 weeks later your doctor should adjust the dose based on your blood sugar level readings. The maximum dose of Sukkarto SR is 2000mg (4x 500mg tablets or 2x 1000mg tablets) each evening.
Your dose of Sukkarto SR may depend on whether you take any other medications for diabetes.
Elderly patients, or those with kidney disease, may require a lower dose of Sukkarto SR.
Are there any side effects to Sukkarto SR?
Like all medications, Sukkarto SR can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Feeling sick or being sick (nausea or vomiting)
- Stomach pain
- Reduced appetite
- A strange or metallic taste in your mouth.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally, Sukkarto SR can cause more serious side effects including:
- Severe tiredness with fast or shallow breathing
- Feeling cold or having a slow heartbeat
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes)
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers, muscle weakness or changes to your vision.
If any of these side effects occur, you should speak to a doctor straight away.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
What warnings does Sukkarto SR come with?
Sukkarto SR won’t cause low blood sugar, or a ‘hypo’ on its own, but if you are taking another diabetes medication such as gliclazide or insulin, you should be aware of the early signs of low blood sugar. These include:
- Feeling hungry
- Trembling or shaking
- Struggling to concentrate or feeling confused
If a hypo occurs, you should eat or drink a fast acting carbohydrate such as sugary fruit juice, sweets or a sugar cube. If you still feel unwell, seek immediate medical advice.
Sukkarto SR may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have previously had a reaction to metformin or any of the ingredients in Sukkarto SR
- Have kidney disease or kidney failure
- Have heart failure or have recently had a heart attack
- Have alcohol dependence or drink more than 14 units of alcohol each week
- Have liver disease
- Have lung disease
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Your prescriber can then advise whether Sukkarto SR is a suitable medication for you.
Some medications can interact with Sukkarto SR. You may be advised that Sukkarto SR will not suit you if you already take:
- Medications for heart disease or high blood pressure
- Medications for kidney disease
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Some steroid medications
- Certain antibiotics
- Medications for indigestion or stomach ulcers.
Where can I buy Sukkarto SR online?
Buy Sukkarto SR for Diabetes
You can safely buy Sukkarto SR for diabetes at EU Meds. Because Sukkarto SR may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Sukkarto SR will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Sukkarto SR will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Sukkarto SR will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.