Imágenes únicamente para fines ilustrativo
Vipidia is a tablet medication prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes. Vipidia contains the medication alogliptin. Vipidia helps to lower blood sugar levels, and is often prescribed in combination with other medications for diabetes.
- Reduces the amount of glucose produced
- Controls blood sugar levels
- Effective treatment for type-2 diabetes
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
- Vipidia is a tablet medication used to lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes
- Vipidia works by increasing the amount of insulin your body makes
- Vipidia is the brand name for the medication alogliptin
- Vipidia can cause some side effects, but these are usually mild and short-lived
- Vipidia is often taken alongside other medications that help to lower blood sugar levels (antidiabetic medications)
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Vipidia Work?
Insulin is a hormone that ensures a steady state of blood sugar levels. Type 2 diabetes occurs when the pancreas no longer makes enough insulin to keep the blood sugar levels within the normal range. In type 2 diabetes, the body also becomes less responsive to any insulin that is being made.
Vipidia is an anti-diabetic medication that has two main modes of action. Firstly, it stimulates the pancreas to produce more insulin, helping to bring the blood sugar levels down. Secondly, it reduces the production of a substance called glucagon. Glucagon stimulates the liver to produce more sugar. When Vipidia reduces the amount of glucagon being produced, it helps to reduce the amount of sugar being released into the blood. These two actions of Vipidia help to normalise blood sugar levels.
Vipidia is often used in combination with other medications for diabetes including metformin, glitazone medications such as pioglitazone, and insulin.
How is Vipidia Taken?
Vipidia is a tablet that should be swallowed with water. It is usually taken once a day, and can be taken with or without food. You should try to take Vipidia at the same time each day.
Dosage of Vipidia
A common starting dose of Vipidia is 25mg once a day. Your doctor should monitor your response to Vipidia by looking at your blood sugar levels. Your doctor may then increase or decrease your dose of Vipidia accordingly.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Vipidia can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Abdominal (tummy) pain
- Cough or cold-like symptoms including a sore throat and a stuffy nose
- An itchy rash.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Rarely, a more serious side effect can occur when taking Vipidia. If you experience severe and persistent abdominal (tummy) pain, you must speak to a doctor straight away as this may be a sign of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas).
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) that includes breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, you must call 999 immediately.
Vipidia is unlikely to cause low blood sugar, or a ‘hypo’ on its own, but if you are taking it in combination with other medications for diabetes, you should be aware of the early signs of low blood sugar. These include:
- Feeling hungry
- Trembling or shaking
- Struggling to concentrate or feeling confused
If a hypo occurs, you should eat or drink a fast acting carbohydrate such as sugary fruit juice, sweets or a sugar cube. If you still feel unwell, seek immediate medical advice.
Drinking alcohol can affect how well controlled your blood sugar level is. Drinking alcohol is therefore not advised when taking medications for diabetes, including Vipidia.
Vipidia may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have, or have ever had, pancreatitis
- Have heart failure
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have alcohol dependence or regularly drink more than 14 units of alcohol each week
- Have ever had a reaction to Vipidia, alogliptin, or another medication
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Because Vipidia may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Vipidia will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Vipidia will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.