Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Treats angina
- Keeps heart healthy
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Bisoprolol is a beta blocker that is commonly prescribed to treat high blood pressure and heart disease. It is sometimes prescribed after a heart attack to protect the heart from further damage. Bisoprolol is also helpful in treating angina and irregular heartbeats.
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
- Bisoprolol is a beta blocker used to treat heart disease and high blood pressure
- Beta blockers block the effects adrenaline to make the heart pump more slowly and less forcefully, reducing the strain on the heart
- When the heart has already undergone damage, such as a heart attack or attacks of angina, bisoprolol can protect it from further damage
- Bisoprolol is sometimes known by its brand names Cardicor and Congescor
- Bisoprolol can make you feel sluggish or tired
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Bisoprolol Work?
Bisoprolol belongs to a family of medications called beta blockers. Beta blockers block the action of beta-adrenoreceptors in the heart and blood vessels. This slows the heart rate down and reduces the blood pressure. These actions together reduce the strain on the heart so that it no longer pumps as forcefully.
When the heart is beating less forcefully, the risk of further damage to the heart and blood vessels is reduced. This may help to reduce the risk of chest pain associated with angina, and the risk of a future heart attack.
Bisoprolol is sometimes also used to treat an irregular heartbeat.
How is Bisoprolol Taken?
Bisoprolol is available as a tablet. It should be swallowed with some water, and can be taken with food.
It is best to take bisoprolol at the same time every day as this may make it easier to remember to take the medication.
Dosage of Bisoprolol
A common dosage of bisoprolol is 10mg taken once a day.
However, bisoprolol is available in a range of doses including: 1.25mg, 2.5mg, 3.75mg, 5mg, 7.5mg and 10mg.
People with kidney disease or liver disease may be advised to take less than 10mg per day. Similarly, some elderly patients may also be prescribed 5mg each day.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, bisoprolol can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Feeling of coldness in the hands and feet
- Nausea and vomiting (feeling sick and being sick)
- Feeling tired or weary, either emotionally or physically.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Bisoprolol may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you have:
- Heart failure
- Asthma or airways disease
- Diabetes mellitus with big changes in your blood glucose level
- Periods when you fast or severely restrict your calorie intake
- First degree heart block
- Prinzmetal’s angina
- Arterial disease in the peripheries
- Thyroid disease
- Alcohol dependency or regularly drink more than 14 units of alcohol per week
- Been trying to conceive, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with bisoprolol. You may be advised that bisoprolol will not suit you if you already take:
- Another blood pressure medication including verapamil or diltiazem
- Other medications that affect heart rhythm including amiodarone and quinidine
- Tricyclic antidepressants.
If you are due to have a general anaesthetic, you should let your doctor and anaesthetist know that you take bisoprolol.
Because bisoprolol may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that bisoprolol will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, bisoprolol will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.