May Bank holiday updates: Please ensure orders are placed early to allow time for delivery. Please note we are unable to ship to NI and Scotland.
Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Topical corticosteroid
- Soothes irritation
- Treats inflammation
- Genuine medication
- Sourced in the UK
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Dermovate cream is the brand name of a steroid cream that contains the active ingredient clobetasol propionate. It is prescribed to reduce inflammation, redness and itching of the skin.
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
About Dermovate Cream
- Dermovate cream contains a steroid called clobetasol propionate
- It treats skin inflammation caused by an allergic reaction, eczema or other skin conditions
- It should be used sparingly as it contains a very potent steroid
- It is more potent that Betnovate cream and so may be prescribed when weaker steroid creams have not treated the inflamed skin completely
- Using too much Dermovate cream can increase your risk of side effects
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Dermovate Cream Work?
Dermovate cream contains clobetasol propionate. It may be prescribed when milder creams including hydrocortisone or Betnovate have not worked.
Skin inflammation occurs when an allergic reaction or skin irritation causes the release of substances in the skin. These substances widen the blood vessels and make the area of skin look swollen and red, and feel itchy and sore. The clobetasol in Dermovate cream prevents the release of the substances that start the inflammatory process.
As the inflammatory process is slowed, the swelling, redness and itchiness subsides. This means you are less likely to scratch the area, allowing healing to occur more quickly.
Dermovate cream can be used on moist, weeping areas of skin. It is best to avoid cuts and breaks in the skin. For dry skin, Dermovate ointment may be a better choice as its oily ingredients help to trap fluid within the skin layers.
Steroid creams may be prescribed for eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, lichen planus and lichen simplex, seborrheic dermatitis, lupus erythematosus and reactions to insect bites.
How is Dermovate Cream Taken?
Dermovate cream should be applied to the skin in a very thin layer. Gently rub it into the affected area. Once an improvement is seen, which could be within just a few days, you may need to reduce the frequency of application, or swap to a less potent steroid cream.
Steroid creams are often measured in ‘fingertip units’. A fingertip unit is the amount of cream you can squeeze onto the end (tip) of one finger. One fingertip unit of cream is enough to cover an area that’s twice the size of your palm, so for a small area of inflammation you need to apply very little cream.
Be sure to wash your hands before and after applying the cream.
Dosage of Dermovate Cream
Dermovate cream comes in the strength 0.05%. This means that every 1 gram of cream contains 0.5 milligrams of clobetasol propionate.
Follow your personalised instructions for use, and only apply Dermovate for the specified treatment period.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Dermovate cream can have some side effects. Many people will not experience side effects when following the instructions correctly. The most common side effect is a burning or stinging sensation after applying Dermovate. This tends to settle within a few applications.
The most common side effects occur with prolonged use, and include thinning of the skin, reduced skin pigmentation and stretch marks. If any of these occur, you should speak to a doctor.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Dermovate Cream Warnings
You should stop using Dermovate cream and speak to a doctor straight away if you notice any of the following:
- Changes to the colour or pigment of your skin
- You feel very unwell with vomiting (being sick), dizziness, weakness, tiredness, mood changes, diarrhoea or loss of appetite – this could be a sign that the steroid is building up in the body
- You feel confused, thirsty, hungrier than usual, pass more urine, feel sleepier or notice that your breath smells of fruits – this could be a sign of high blood sugar
- Your skin irritation worsens, or yellow fluid starts to weep from it – this could be a sign of a new or worsening infection
- Changes in your eyesight.
During the Consultation with EU Meds, you will be asked to complete a health questionnaire to check that Dermovate cream is suitable for you.
A prescriber from EU Meds will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Dermovate cream will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, you can order Dermovate cream online for home delivery.
Här för att hjälpa dig
Our Customer Service is available Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999. Visit our help section