Due to planned strike action on Friday 30th September and Saturday 1st October, there might be a slight delay in the delivery of your medication. We apologise on Royal Mail's behalf for any inconvenience.
Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Dual treatment
- Provides ongoing asthma relief
- Also relieves in a breathlessness attack
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
DuoResp Spiromax is an inhaler that is used to treat both asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It contains a combination of two drugs. DuoResp Spiromax can be used as a “preventer” inhaler to prevent exacerbations of asthma, and also as a rescue treatment if your asthma or COPD worsens.
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
About DuoResp Spiromax
- DuoResp Spiromax is an inhaler taken to treat both asthma and COPD
- DuoResp Spiromax contains the active ingredients budesonide and formoterol
- DuoResp Spiromax is only prescribed for adults over the age of 18
- DuoResp Spiromax should be taken regularly to keep asthma and COPD under control
- DuoResp Spiromax can be used to treat exacerbations of asthma or COPD
- DuoResp Spiromax is available in two strengths
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does DuoResp Spiromax Work?
DuoResp Spiromax contains two active ingredients, budesonide and formoterol.
Budesonide is a corticosteroid, a type of steroid. The steroid works to prevent asthma or COPD symptoms from occurring, by dampening down the body’s immune response in the airways. This keeps the airways patent so that it is easier to breathe.
Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator. This means it works throughout the day to keep your airways dilated (wide) so that it is easier to breathe. It can also help to reduce associated symptoms including cough and wheeze. Formoterol is also helpful when acute or sudden symptoms of asthma appear, as it can quickly help to widen the airways.
In combination, these two drugs are helpful for treating asthma and COPD when milder inhalers have not controlled symptoms.
How is DuoResp Spiromax Taken?
DuoResp Spiromax is taken every day to prevent asthma and COPD symptoms from occurring. It can also be taken to help manage acute symptoms of asthma. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s information to ensure you take your inhaler properly.
Unlike other inhalers, a dose of the medications is released automatically when you breathe in. However, it is still important to take the inhaler properly to ensure you receive the full dose. Following these instructions will help to ensure you get the full dose.
- Check the dose counter. Do not shake the inhaler.
- Open the cover downwards until it clicks.
- Breathe out gently (do this away from the inhaler).
- Put the mouthpiece between your teeth and gently form a seal around it with your lips. Avoid covering the vents.
- Breathe in strongly and deeply. You may feel the drug being released. Continue to inhale to ensure you get the full dose.
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth without breathing out.
- Hold your breath for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Breathe out gently away from the inhaler.
- If more than one dose is required, repeat steps 3 to 8.
Close the mouthpiece cover after use to keep your inhaler clean.
Dosage of DuoResp Spiromax
There are two different strengths of the DuoResp Spiromax inhaler available.
- The lower strength inhaler is labelled 160/4.5 micrograms. It contains 160 micrograms of budesonide and 4.5 micrograms of formoterol in each puff.
- The higher strength inhaler is labelled 320/9 micrograms. It contains 320 micrograms of budesonide and 9 micrograms of formoterol in each puff.
The strength of your inhaler will be chosen based on the severity of your asthma symptoms. Although must people take DuoResp Spiromax twice a day, there are exceptions and so you must follow the exact prescribing instructions you are given.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, DuoResp Spiromax can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Increased risk of infections
- Tremor or shaking
- Blurred vision
- Feeling that your heart is racing
- Irritation of the throat
- Mild coughing or hoarseness.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
DuoResp Spiromax Warnings
DuoResp Spiromax may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Take another inhaler
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to this or any other medication
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding – this is because it is important that your asthma is well controlled at these times.
Some medications can interact with DuoResp Spiromax. You may be advised that DuoResp Spiromax will not suit you if you already take:
- Antifungal medications
- Medications for HIV or AIDS
- Beta blockers (often prescribed for heart disease or high blood pressure)
Because DuoResp Spiromax may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that DuoResp Spiromax will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, DuoResp Spiromax will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. DuoResp Spiromax will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.