Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Effective treatment for eczema and psoriasis
- Controls dry or red patches of skin
- Reduces inflammation
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Eumovate Cream is a moderately potent topical corticosteroid that treats inflammatory skin conditions. It may be prescribed when milder steroids have not achieved the desired treatment outcome. It is used to treat conditions including eczema and dermatitis.
för att ta emot din beställning
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
About Eumovate Cream
- Eumovate Cream is the brand name for a cream that contains the steroid clobetasone
- Eumovate Cream is prescribed for conditions including eczema, dermatitis, and reactions to insect bites
- Eumovate Cream should be used sparingly for short periods of term to avoid side effects
- Eumovate Cream can be used in conjunction with emollients to help keep skin inflammation under control
- Itis important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Eumovate Cream Work?
Eumovate Cream contains a moderately potent steroid to help minimise inflammation.
When the skin is inflamed, the blood vessels dilate and inflammatory cells flood into the area. This leads to itching, redness, swelling and pain. Steroid creams such as Eumovate help to reduce these symptoms by dampening down the body’s immune response. The inflammation begins to resolve, and the skin feels less irritated and sore.
Eumovate Cream is often prescribed when other milder steroid creams, such as hydrocortisone, have not helped. It may also be used as a step down treatment from more potent steroids.
Eumovate Cream relieves the manifestations of inflammatory skin conditions, including:
- Nappy rash
- Otitis Externa (skin inflammation of the external ear and ear canal)
- Insect bite reactions.
How is Eumovate Cream Used?
Eumovate Cream should only be applied to the area of irritation or inflammation. When using steroids, only a small amount of cream should be applied at each application. Take note of your personalised instructions, as some people should apply Eumovate Cream more than once a day, whilst for others once is enough.
Steroid creams are often measured in ‘fingertip units’. A fingertip unit is the amount of cream you can squeeze onto the end (tip) of one finger. One fingertip unit of cream is enough to cover an area that’s twice the size of your palm, so for a small area of inflammation you need to apply very little cream.
Wash your hands first, and then apply the cream in a thin layer. Gently smooth it onto your skin, making sure you cover all of the affected area. Wash your hands afterwards so that your fingers are not exposed to the steroid unnecessarily.
Steroid creams can be applied to wet or weeping areas of skin. Avoid getting it in any cuts or broken areas of skin.
If you have very dry skin, you may be prescribed the thicker, oilier Eumovate Ointment instead. The ointment helps to trap moisture in the skin, helping to treat any dryness.
Dosage of Eumovate Cream
Eumovate Cream comes in a strength of 0.05%.
Read your personalised instructions to check whether you should apply the cream once or twice each day.
Are there any Side Effects?
It is unusual to experience side effects when using Eumovate Cream. Very rarely, allergic skin reactions or discomfort at the site of application can occur. If these side effects persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally, after prolonged use of Eumovate Cream, some people will notice that their skin is thinner. Some people also develop stretch marks. The stretch marks may fade over time, but are likely to be permanent.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Eumovate Cream Warnings
You should stop using Eumovate Cream if:
- You get lighter or darker skin patches
- You start to feel very unwell with vomiting (being sick), dizziness, weakness, tiredness, mood changes, loss of appetite or diarrhoea – this could be a sign of adrenal gland problems
- You feel confused, sleepy, thirsty, hungrier than usual, pass urine frequently or notice that your breath smells sweet or fruity – this could be a sign of high blood sugar
- Your skin condition worsens, or you notice yellow fluid weeping from the skin – this could be a sign of a new or worsening infection
- You notice any changes in your eyesight.
Eumovate Cream may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have a skin infection
- Have rosacea
- Have acne
- Experience itchy skin without any signs of inflammation
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Eumovate Cream. You may be advised that Eumovate will not suit you if you already take another steroid cream or topical preparation.
Because Eumovate Cream may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Eumovate Cream will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Eumovate Cream will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Eumovate Cream will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.