Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Effectively treats skin conditions
- Reduces inflammation
- Soothes itching
- Genuine products
- Sourced in the UK
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Eumovate ointment is a moderately potent topical corticosteroid that treats inflammatory skin conditions. It is particularly helpful for treating dry or scaly areas of inflamed skin that have not responded to milder steroids. It is used to treat conditions including dermatitis and eczema.
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
About Eumovate Ointment
- Eumovate Ointment is the brand name for an ointment that contains clobetasone
- Clobetasone is a moderately potent steroid
- Eumovate Ointment is prescribed for conditions including eczema, dermatitis, and reactions to insect bites
- Like all steroids, Eumovate Ointment should be used sparingly for short periods of time to avoid side effects
- This treatment can be used alongside emollients to help keep skin inflammation under control
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Eumovate Ointment Work?
Eumovate Ointment contains a moderately potent steroid called clobestasone to help minimise inflammation.
When the skin is inflamed, the blood vessels dilate and inflammatory cells flood into the area. This leads to itching, redness, swelling and pain. Steroid ointments such as Eumovate help to reduce these symptoms by dampening down the body’s immune response. The inflammation begins to resolve, and the skin feels less irritated and sore.
Eumovate Ointment is often prescribed when other milder steroids, such as hydrocortisone, have not helped. It may also be used as a step down treatment from more potent steroids.
Eumovate Ointment relieves the manifestations of inflammatory skin conditions, including:
- Nappy rash
- Otitis Externa (skin inflammation of the external ear and ear canal)
- Insect bite reactions
- Dry, scaly skin reactions.
How is Eumovate Ointment Used?
Eumovate Ointment should only be applied to the area of irritation or inflammation. When using steroids, only a small amount of ointment should be applied at each application. Take note of your personalised instructions, as some people should apply Eumovate Ointment more than once a day, whilst for others once is enough.
Steroid ointments are often measured in ‘fingertip units’. A fingertip unit is the amount of ointment you can squeeze onto the end (tip) of one finger. One fingertip unit of ointment is enough to cover an area that’s twice the size of your palm, so for a small area of inflammation you need to apply very little Eumovate.
Wash your hands first, and then apply the ointment in a thin layer. Gently smooth it onto your skin, making sure you cover all of the affected area. Wash your hands afterwards so that your fingers are not exposed to the steroid unnecessarily.
Steroid ointments are best applied to dry areas of skin, rather than areas that are wet or weeping. Avoid getting the ointment in any broken areas of skin or cuts.
If you have skin that is weeping, you may be prescribed Eumovate cream instead.
Dosage of Eumovate Ointment
Eumovate Ointment comes in a strength of 0.05%.
Read your personalised instructions to check whether you should apply the ointment once or twice each day.
Are there any Side Effects?
It is unusual to experience side effects when using Eumovate Ointment. Very rarely, allergic skin reactions or discomfort at the site of application can occur. If these side effects persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally, after prolonged use of Eumovate Ointment, some people will notice that their skin is thinner. Some people also develop stretch marks. The stretch marks may fade over time, but are likely to be permanent.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Eumovate Ointment Warnings
You should stop using Eumovate Ointment if:
- You get lighter or darker skin patches
- You start to feel very unwell with vomiting (being sick), dizziness, weakness, tiredness, mood changes, loss of appetite or diarrhoea – this could be a sign of adrenal gland problems
- You feel confused, sleepy, thirsty, hungrier than usual, pass urine frequently or notice that your breath smells sweet or fruity – this could be a sign of high blood sugar
- Your skin condition worsens, or you notice yellow fluid weeping from the skin – this could be a sign of a new or worsening infection
- You notice any changes in your eyesight.
Eumovate Ointment may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have a skin infection
- Have rosacea
- Have acne
- Experience itchy skin without any signs of inflammation
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Eumovate Ointment. You may be advised that Eumovate will not suit you if you already take another steroid cream, ointment, or topical preparation.
Because Eumovate Ointment may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Eumovate Ointment will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Eumovate Ointment will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Eumovate Ointment will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.