Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Reduces inflammation in the lungs
- Prevents asthma attacks
- For those whose asthma isn't controlled by a preventative and reliever inhaler
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Flutiform is an inhaler that contains a combination of medications to help manage the symptoms of asthma, when weaker inhalers have not adequately controlled symptoms. It is taken every day to prevent symptoms.
för att ta emot din beställning
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
- Flutiform is an inhaler used to treat asthma
- Flutiform contains the active ingredients fluticasone and formoterol
- It is prescribed for adults and children aged 12 or over
- Flutiform inhaler is available in two different strengths
- You will likely also require a reliever inhaler to be taken in case of an asthma attack (exacerbation of asthma)
- Unlike some other inhalers, Flutiform is not suitable for treatment of COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Flutiform Work?
Flutiform contains two active medications, fluticasone and formoterol.
Fluticasone is a corticosteroid. The steroid helps to reduce the swelling within the airways. It does this by dampening down the actions of inflammatory cells in the airways, including mast cells and white blood cells. Once the swelling is minimised, it is easier to draw air into the lungs via the airways. This makes your breathing feel easier and helps to reduce wheezing.
Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator. This means it works throughout the day to keep your airways dilated (wide) so that it is easier to breathe. It can also help to reduce associated symptoms including cough and wheeze. Formoterol is also helpful when acute or sudden symptoms of asthma appear, as it can quickly help to widen the airways.
In combination, these two drugs are helpful for treating asthma when milder inhalers have not controlled symptoms.
It can take a few days for a preventer inhaler to reduce your symptoms. Once your symptoms improve, it is important to continue using your inhaler every day as prescribed. Stopping your inhaler is likely to lead to your symptoms of asthma recurring.
You may also need a “reliever” inhaler in case of a sudden flare up of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing, coughing, or an asthma attack.
How is Flutiform Taken?
Flutiform is an inhaler that is usually taken twice daily, with two puffs taken in the morning, and two puffs in the evening. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure you take your inhaler properly.
Following these instructions will help to ensure you get the full dose.
- Check the dose counter
- Remove the cap
- Hold the inhaler upright and shake it well
- Breathe out gently away from the inhaler
- Put the mouthpiece into your mouth to form a tight seal with your lips, but don’t bite the inhaler
- Start breathing in slowly and deeply through your mouth, and then press down on the canister at the same time
- Keeping breathing in slowly and deeply to get the full dose
- Hold your breath for 5 seconds
- Keep holding your breath and remove the inhaler from your mouth
- Breathe out away from the inhaler
- Wait about 30 seconds, and then repeat steps 3 to 10 to take the second dose.
Replace the cap after taking the second dose to keep your inhaler clean.
Dosage of Flutiform
There are two different strengths of the Flutiform inhaler.
- The lower strength inhaler contains 125 micrograms of fluticasone propionate and 5 micrograms of formoterol fumarate dihydrate.
- The higher strength inhaler contains 250 micrograms of fluticasone propionate and 10 micrograms of formoterol fumarate dihydrate.
The lowest strength of Flutiform should be taken to manage symptoms. This may mean that you need to have your asthma re-assessed by a doctor or asthma nurse to establish the right dose for your symptoms.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Flutiform can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Dry mouth
- Dry or irritated throat
- Hoarse voice
- Feeling your heart racing (palpitations)
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
As with many inhalers, Flutiform can cause worsening of asthma symptoms when the inhaler is taken. If this occurs, you should take your reliever inhaler and speak to a doctor straight away, as another preventer inhaler may need to be prescribed.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Flutiform may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have an abnormal heart rhythm
- Have an overactive thyroid
- Have tuberculosis
- Have an airway infection
- Have heart disease or heart failure
- Have hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Have alcohol dependence or regularly drink large volumes of alcohol
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding - this is because it is important that your asthma is well controlled at these times.
Some medications can interact with Flutiform. You may be advised that Flutiform will not suit you if you already take:
- A medication that is known to lower potassium levels, including steroids and diuretics (water tablets)
- Antiretrovirals, antifungals or antibiotics
- Levodopa (L-Dopa)
- A beta blocker.
Because Flutiform may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Flutiform will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Flutiform will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Flutiform will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.