Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Treats high blood pressure
- Relaxes the blood vessels
- Helps blood to flow more easily
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
för att ta emot din beställning
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
What is Lisinopril?
Lisinopril is a medicine that belongs to a group called ACE inhibitors (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme inhibitors), used to treat high blood pressure and heart problems such as symptomatic heart failure or weakening of the heart due to heart attack.
How does Lisinopril work?
Lisinopril works by relaxing the blood vessels, allowing blood to pass through them more easily. It also helps to make it easier for your heart to pump blood to all the parts of your body.
What are the benefits of taking Lisinopril?
High blood pressure (also known as hypertension) or heart problems can be linked to a number of factors, such as a family history, a diet high in salt or being overweight or inactive.
In addition to some lifestyle changes (such as smoking and/or drinking less and exercising more), it’s often advised to take medication, such as Lisinopril, to manage the conditions in order to prevent more serious ailments such as stroke, heart attack or blood clots.
How do I use Lisinopril?
Lisinopril is prescription-only. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, with or without food. You should take it at the same time of day, in order to help you remember.
Lisinopril contains the active ingredient lisinopril dihydrate, in strengths of either 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg and 20mg per tablet.
For high blood pressure, the usual starting dose is 10mg taken once a day, with the amount rising to 20mg once a day over long-term use. If you are using Lisinopril for heart failure, problems related to diabetes or for use in children then this dose will differ and you should always take the medication exactly as prescribed and check with your doctor if you’re unsure.
It’s worth noting that the first dose may cause a greater fall in blood pressure than you’ll experience over time, so watch out for dizziness or lightheadedness while your body adjusts to the new medication.
If you forget to take your Lisinopril tablet then you should skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one. Don’t worry but don’t double up on your dose to make up for a missed one.
If you take more Lisinopril than you should, then go to your nearest doctor or emergency department immediately.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Lisinopril, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Lisinopril if any of the following apply to you:
- If you are more than 3 months pregnant
- If you have previously been treated with a medicine in the same group of drugs as Lisinopril (ACE inhibitors) and have had an allergic reaction
- If you are allergic to Lisinopril or any of the other ingredients
- If you have diabetes or impaired kidney function and you are treated with a blood pressure lowering medicine containing aliskiren.
Your prescription of Lisinopril may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- A narrowing of the aorta, the kidney artery or the heart valves
- An increase in the thickness of the heart muscle
- Low blood pressure
- Kidney disease or you are undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
- Blood vessel disease and/or treatment for gout
- Diarrhoea or vomiting
- A salt-restricted diet or you are taking potassium supplements
- You are (or might become) pregnant
Like many medications with active ingredients, Lisinopril can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- Other medicines for your high blood pressure
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines
- Medicines that contain gold, such as sodium aurothiomalate
- Medicines for mental disorders such as lithium, antipsychotics or tricyclic antidepressants
- Potassium tablets or potassium containing salt substitutes
- Medicines for the treatment of diabetes
- Medicines that stimulate the central nervous system
- Medicines that suppress the body's immune response.
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Lisinopril will be the best course of action for you.
Like with all sufferers of high blood pressure or heart failure, you should pair your medication with some lifestyle changes such as eating healthily, exercising regularly and avoiding excessive smoking or drinking.
Your doctor may also perform regular blood pressure, kidney function and blood tests while on this medication.
The most common side effects of using Lisinopril include:
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Abnormally low or no urine being passed
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects.
How do I buy Lisinopril online?
You can safely buy Lisinopril online at EU Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Lisinopril is the right medication for your medical condition.