Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Treats nausea and vomiting
- Can prevent feelings of nausea
- Can be used to treat symptoms of a migraine
- Genuine medications
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Prochlorperazine is a medication used to treat nausea and vomiting (feeling sick and being sick). It stops the signals within the brain that make you feel sick, helping you to feel better.
för att ta emot din beställning
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
- Prochlorperazine is a type of medication known as a phenothiazine
- It blocks a chemical in the brain called dopamine which is involved in making you feel sick
- It takes around 30 to 60 minutes for prochlorperazine to start working
- Avoid alcohol when taking prochlorperazine, as combining the two can make you feel more sleepy
- Prochlorperazine is also sometimes prescribed to treat feelings of anxiety short term
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Prochlorperazine Work?
Prochlorperazine blocks the action of dopamine within the brain. By blocking dopamine, nausea messages are prevented from reaching an area of the brain called the ‘vomiting centre’. As the messages are blocked, the feelings of nausea subside.
Prochlorperazine is used to treat nausea caused by various factors. This includes nausea due to morning sickness (sickness in pregnancy), vertigo or dizziness, Meniere’s disease, travel sickness, migraine and sickness after an operation. It can also be taken by people who take medications that make them feel sick, including people who are undergoing chemotherapy.
How is Prochlorperazine Taken?
Prochlorperazine tablets should be swallowed whole with some water. They can be taken with or without food.
If you take prochlorperazine for travel sickness, it is advisable to take a tablet around 30 to 60 minutes before you set off on a journey.
Dosage of Prochlorperazine
Prochlorperazine tablets are available from EU Meds in a strength of 5mg.
You may be advised to take a prochlorperazine tablet two or three times a day whilst you have nausea.
Taking too much prochlorperazine can be dangerous. You should call 111 for advice if you take more tablets than you are prescribed.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, prochlorperazine can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Sleepiness or feeling drowsy
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Congested, blocked or stuffy nose
These side effects will usually settle within a few days. Speak to a healthcare professional if these side effects persist or are bothersome.
Occasionally more serious side effects can occur. You should speak to a doctor straight away if you experience:
- Muscle stiffness, shaking or unusual face or tongue movements
- A high temperature or signs of an infection
- Breast soreness (this can affect both men and women)
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes – this could be a sign of liver problems
- A pounding heartbeat that could be fast or irregular.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Prochlorperazine may not be suitable if you have, or have ever had, one of the following:
- High blood pressure or heart failure
- High blood pressure due to phaeochromocytoma (a tumour near the kidney)
- Blood clots
- Bowel problems that could cause a bowel blockage including Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, hernia, or bowel cancer
- Liver problems
- An allergic reaction to prochlorperazine or any other medication.
Women who are breastfeeding may be prescribed a different anti-sickness medication, as prochlorperazine can enter breast milk causing sleepiness in their baby.
During the Consultation with EU Meds, you will be asked to complete a health questionnaire to check that prochlorperazine is suitable for you.
A prescriber from EU Meds will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that prochlorperazine will not interact with them. It is usually advised to stick to one type of medication to reduce feelings of sickness.
Once prescribed, you can order prochlorperazine online for home delivery.