Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Used in the ongoing treatment of asthma and COPD
- Lowers the number and severity of attacks
- Reduces swelling and inflammation in the lungs
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Pulmicort Turbohaler is an inhaler that is used to treat asthma. It contains budesonide, a type of steroid that helps to keep the symptoms of asthma under control. It is a preventer inhaler that should be taken every day. You may also be prescribed a reliever inhaler to be used in the event of an exacerbation of asthma.
för att ta emot din beställning
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
About Pulmicort Turbohaler
- Pulmicort Turbohaler is prescribed to treat asthma
- The inhaler contains the steroid budesonide which prevents inflammation within the airways
- Pulmicort Turbohaler should be taken every day to help prevent exacerbations of asthma
- Pulmicort Turbohaler can be prescribed for adults and children aged 5 and older
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Pulmicort Turbohaler Work?
Pulmicort Turbohaler is a preventer inhaler that contains budesonide. Budesonide is a corticosteroid, a type of steroid. The steroid works to prevent asthma symptoms from occurring by dampening down the body’s immune response in the airways. It prevents inflammation in the lungs, keeping the airways patent so that it is easier to breathe.
The inhaler may take up to 10 days to have a noticeable effect.
How is Pulmicort Turbohaler Taken?
Pulmicort Turbohaler should be taken according to your prescriber’s instructions. Pulmicort Turbohaler should be taken every day. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s information to ensure you take Pulmicort Turbohaler properly.
Following these instructions will help to ensure you get the full dose of budesonide.
- Unscrew and remove the cover
- Keep the inhaler upright and then twist it at the base. You need to twist it all the way around and then back until a click is heard
- Breathe out gently
- Place the mouthpiece of the inhaler into your mouth, gently between your teeth, and close your lips around it to form a good seal. Do not bite the inhaler, and ensure the air vents are not covered
- Breathe in strongly and deeply
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth and hold your breath for around 10 seconds
- Breathe out gently (away from the inhaler)
- If more than one dose is needed, repeat steps 2 to 7
- Check the dose counter to ensure you re-order a new inhaler when required
- Replace the cover.
Dosage of Pulmicort Turbohaler
There are three different dose Pulmicort Turbohalers available, 100 micrograms, 200 micrograms or 400 micrograms.
For adults and children aged over 12, the dose of Pulmicort Turbohaler may vary from 200 to 1600 micrograms daily. The dose is usually split between two or more doses each day. Check your prescriber’s instructions carefully to ensure you take the correct dose.
For children aged 5 to 12 years, the dose ranges from 200 to 800 micrograms daily.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Pulmicort Turbohaler can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Oral candida infection (thrush infection of the mouth)
- Hoarse voice
- Throat irritation
- Anxiety or depression
- Blurred vision
- Muscle spasms.
If these side effects persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice. If you think you might have an oral thrush infection, you should speak to your doctor as treatment with medication may be required.
Occasionally, using a new inhaler can lead to worsening of your asthma symptoms. If you notice shortness of breath, wheeze, or a persistent cough after taking Pulmicort Turbohaler, use your reliever inhaler and contact your doctor straight away.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Pulmicort Turbohaler Warnings
Pulmicort Turbohaler may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have an allergy to any of the ingredients in Pulmicort Turbohaler
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to any other medication
- Already take a different inhaler or medication for asthma
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding – this is because at these times it is important that your asthma is well controlled.
Your prescriber can then advise whether Pulmicort Turbohaler is a suitable medication for you.
Some medications can interact with Pulmicort Turbohaler. You may be advised that Pulmicort Turbohaler will not suit you if you already take:
- Medications for HIV or AIDS
- Anti-fungal medications.
Because Pulmicort Turbohaler may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Pulmicort Turbohaler will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Pulmicort Turbohaler will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Pulmicort Turbohaler will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.