Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Contains a bronchodilator
- Makes it easier to breathe
- Offers long term relief
- Genuine medication
- All medication sourced in the UK
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Striverdi Respimat is an inhaler that is prescribed for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It contains olodaterol which opens the airways to make breathing easier. The inhaler also reduces the symptoms associated with COPD including wheezing and coughing. It is not suitable for the treatment of asthma.
för att ta emot din beställning
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
About Striverdi Respimat
- Striverdi Respimat is prescribed to treat the symptoms of COPD
- The inhaler contains olodaterol to help keep the airways open
- Striverdi Respimat is only prescribed for adults aged 18 and over
- Striverdi Respimat is a preventer inhaler
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Striverdi Respimat Work?
Striverdi Respimat contains the medication olodaterol. Olodaterol is a long acting beta agonist. Beta agonists are commonly used to treat COPD as they relax and open the airways to make it easier to breathe.
As olodaterol is a long acting medication, the inhaler only needs to be taken once daily.
You may also need a reliever inhaler to treat any exacerbations of COPD that occur.
How is Striverdi Respimat Taken?
Striverdi Respimat contains a solution of olodaterol that is inhaled via the inhaler. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s information to ensure you take your inhaler properly. The following may help you understand how to set up and use your inhaler.
The inhaler case is supplied with cartridges which contain olodaterol. On first use, you will need to insert one cartridge as follows:
Inhaler Set Up
- Keeping the inhaler cap closed, remove the clear base by holding down the safety catch and pulling the base off.
- Insert one cartridge into the inhaler.
- Place the inhaler on a firm surface and then push down firmly until the cartridge clicks into place.
- Mark the tick box on the inhaler to keep track of how many cartridges you have used so far.
- Put the clear base back on. It will click when it is in place.
Prime the Inhaler
Once the cartridge is inserted, you need to prime the inhaler so that the medication is ready to take.
- Turn the clear base in the direction of the arrows (half a turn), you should hear a click.
- Open the cap so that it snaps fully open.
- Point the inhaler towards the ground.
- Press the dose release button and watch for a cloud of medication (this may not occur at first). Close the cap after pressing the button once.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 until a cloud is visible when pressing the dose release button.
- The inhaler is now ready to use and will deliver 30 doses (60 puffs).
Take the Inhaler
- Sit or stand up straight to take your inhaler.
- With the cap closed, turn the clear base in the direction of the arrows (half a turn), you should hear a click.
- Open the cap so that it snaps fully open.
- Breathe out slowly and fully.
- Place the inhaler between your lips to form a seal. Don’t bite the inhaler, and avoid covering the air vents with your fingers.
- Point the inhaler to the back of your throat.
- While taking a slow, deep breath, press the dose release button and continue to breathe in slowly and deeply.
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth and hold your breath for 10 seconds, or as long as is comfortable.
- Breathe out slowly.
- To take the next puff, close the cap and repeat steps 2 to 9.
- After two puffs, close the cap until the next dose the following day.
The cartridge will need replacing after 30 days (30 doses), when the cartridge will show a red sticker to indicate is has been used up. A warning sticker will show when there are less than 10 puffs (5 days) remaining. At this point you must ensure you have another cartridge available for use.
Dosage of Striverdi Respimat
Striverdi Respimat inhaler should be taken once a day, with two puffs taken every morning.
Each puff contains 2.5 micrograms of olodaterol.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Striverdi Respimat can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Irritation or inflammation of the nose or throat
- High blood pressure
- Aches and pains.
These side effects are likely to be mild. If they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Striverdi Respimat Warnings
Striverdi Respimat may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have an allergy to olodaterol or any other ingredient in Striverdi Respimat
- Have asthma rather than COPD
- Have heart disease including high blood pressure, an abnormal heart rhythm, or ischaemic heart disease (including angina or a previous heart attack)
- Have thyroid disease
- Have low potassium levels on blood testing
- Have diabetes
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Your prescriber can then advise whether Striverdi Respimat is a suitable medication for you.
Occasionally, using a new inhaler can lead to worsening of your symptoms. If you notice shortness of breath, wheeze, or a persistent cough after taking Striverdi Respimat, use your reliever inhaler and contact your doctor straight away.
Some medications can interact with Striverdi Respimat. You may be advised that Striverdi Respimat will not suit you if you already take:
- Another medication for COPD
- Beta blockers
- Diuretics (‘water tablets’)
- Antifungal medications.
Because Striverdi Respimat may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Striverdi Respimat will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Striverdi Respimat will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Striverdi Respimat will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.