Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Male-only medication
- Effectively treats incontinence
- Relaxes muscles in the prostate and urinary tract
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Tamsulosin MR is a medication that is taken by men to treat the symptoms of an enlarged prostate. These symptoms might include difficulty passing urine.
för att ta emot din beställning
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
About Tamsulosin MR
- Tamsulosin MR is used to treat urinary difficulties caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate
- The symptoms of BPH might include difficulty passing urine, slow flow of urine or dribbling urine when you have finished passing urine
- Tamsulosin causes relaxation of the smooth muscles of the prostate and urethra (urine tube), improving the flow of urine out of the body
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Tamsulosin MR Work?
Many men will experience the symptoms of an enlarged prostate as they get older. Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate.
The prostate is near to the urethra (urine, or pee, tube), and as the prostate enlarges it can put pressure on the urethra. This makes it harder to pass urine effectively. Men may therefore experience difficulty starting to urinate (pass urine), reduced flow of the urine, dribbling of urine even after finishing urinating, and needing to pass urine more often because the bladder is not completely emptied. Men may find they have to get up several times in the night to pass urine, too.
Tamsulosin works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the prostate and those around the urethra. This takes the pressure off the urethra, allowing urine to be passed more easily and more successfully.
The MR in this medication’s title means ‘modified release’. This means that the tablet continues to work for a sustained period of time, so that it can be taken just once a day with a long lasting effect.
How is Tamsulosin MR Taken?
Tamsulosin MR is a capsule that only needs to be taken once a day. It is recommended that you take the capsule after breakfast with some water.
The capsule should be swallowed whole without crushing it or chewing it.
Dosage of Tamsulosin MR
Each capsule of tamsulosin MR contains 400 micrograms of tamsulosin. Because it offers prolonged release, the medication builds up into a steady state within the body to offer symptomatic relief all day and night.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, tamsulosin MR can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Dizziness or feeling faint due to low blood pressure
- Problems when ejaculating (including no semen being produced).
These are likely to settle in a short period of time, but you may want to speak to a healthcare professional if they bother you.
Serious side effects are less common but include:
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties – this could be due to a lung problem
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes – this could be due to liver problems
- Unexpected bruising or prolonged bleeding – this could be due to a blood problem
Call a doctor straight away if any of these serious side effects occur.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Tamsulosin MR Warnings
Tamsulosin may not be suitable for the following patients:
- Those with low blood pressure that occurs on standing up
- Patients with liver disease
- Patients who faint when passing urine
- Patients who are sensitive or allergic to tamsulosin or its ingredients.
Some women will be prescribed tamsulosin for kidney stones. However, tamsulosin may not be suitable for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
During the Consultation with EU Meds, you will be asked to complete a health questionnaire to check that tamsulosin MR is suitable for you.
A prescriber from EU Meds will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that tamsulosin MR will not interact with them. Medications that might interact with tamsulosin include:
- Other medications used to treat benign prostatic enlargement
- High blood pressure medications
- Medicines for erectile dysfunction including sildenafil and tadalafil
- Certain antibiotics and antifungal medications
- Other medications that can lower your blood pressure.
If a prescriber agrees that tamsulosin MR will suit you, you can order tamsulosin MR online for home delivery.