May Bank holiday updates: Please ensure orders are placed early to allow time for delivery. Please note we are unable to ship to NI and Scotland.
Avamys Nasal Spray (Avamys)
Images à titre indicatif uniquement
- Effective treatment for hay fever
- Nasal spray to relieve blocked or runny nose
- Works in as little as 8 hours
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Avamys is a nasal spray that contains steroids. It is often used to treat nasal allergies including hay fever. Avamys contains the active ingredient fluticasone furoate, a type of steroid.
Choisissez le bon médicament
Commencez votre commande depuis chez vous
Pas de frais cachés
Médicaments livrés à votre porte
Emballage discret et simple
Rapide et facile
Pas de rendez-vous ou de longues périodes d'attente
Emballage simple, sans cachet ni marque médicale.
Vos informations restent sécurisées et le paiement privé
Ordonnances délivrées par des Médecins Européens
- Avamys is a steroid nasal spray
- Avamys is used to treat hay fever and other allergic symptoms affecting the nose and nasal passages
- Avamys reduces swelling and inflammation within the nose
- Avamys contains the corticosteroid fluticasone furoate
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Avamys Work?
Avamys nasal spray is often taken to treat the signs of allergies and irritation in the nose and nasal passages. It contains the corticosteroid fluticasone furoate. This steroid helps to manage the inflammation and swelling associated with hay fever and other allergies. This can help to reduce symptoms including nasal congestion, itching, sneezing, irritation and the discomfort of allergies affecting the nose.
How is Avamys Taken?
Avamys is a nasal spray. It is important to take it properly to ensure you get the full effect of the medication.
If the Avamys product has a button to press, it should be taken in the following manner.
- Shake the bottle and then remove the cap. If you are using Avamys for the very first time, activate the spray until you can see a fine mist. Avamys is now ready to use.
- Blow your nose gently so that it is cleared of excess mucus.
- Hold your finger on one nostril to close it.
- Place the nozzle of the bottle into the other nostril, and tilt your head forward slightly.
- Breathe in through your nose and press the button to activate the spray.
- Remove the nozzle from your nostril, and breathe out through your mouth.
- If you are using two sprays for each dose, repeat the above steps.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 in your other nostril.
- Clean the nozzle with a clean tissue or anti-bacterial wipe before replacing the cap.
Dosage of Avamys
Each spray of Avamys contains 27.5 micrograms of fluticasone furoate.
The recommended starting dose is two sprays in each nostril once a day. You may be able to reduce this to one spray in each nostril once a day if your symptoms begin to improve.
It can take several days to notice the effects of Avamys. It is important to persevere as symptoms are more likely to resolve with continuous regular use.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Avamys can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Mild epistaxis (nose bleeds)
- Nasal ulceration
- Discomfort in the nose
- An unusual taste or smell
- Feeling breathless.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Avamys may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have a nasal infection or sinus problems
- Have had surgery to your nose
- Have, or have ever had, tuberculosis
- Are aged under 18
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding
Some medications can interact with Avamys. You may be advised that Avamys will not suit you if you already take:
- Ritonavir and cobicistat – two medications that are prescribed for the treatment of HIV and AIDS.
Because Avamys may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Avamys will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Avamys will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.
Ici pour vous aider
Our Customer Service is available Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999. Visit our help section