Images à titre indicatif uniquement
- Intended for long-term use
- Reduces inflammation in the lungs
- Prevents attacks of breathlessness
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Clenil Modulite is a type of “preventer” inhaler. This means that is taken on a regular basis (every day) to prevent the symptoms of asthma including asthma attacks or exacerbations. Clenil Modulite is the trade name, and the active ingredient is beclomethasone diproprionate.
pour recevoir votre commande
Choisissez le bon médicament
Commencez votre commande depuis chez vous
Pas de frais cachés
Médicaments livrés à votre porte
Emballage discret et simple
Rapide et facile
Pas de rendez-vous ou de longues périodes d'attente
Emballage simple, sans cachet ni marque médicale.
Vos informations restent sécurisées et le paiement privé
Ordonnances délivrées par des Médecins Européens
About Clenil Modulite
- Clenil Modulite is an inhaler that is used for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Clenil Modulite helps to stop the symptoms of asthma and COPD
- Clenil Modulite is the trade name, and the inhaler contains the active ingredient beclomethasone which is a steroid
- Beclomethasone is sometimes known as beclometasone
- The inhaler comes in varying strengths
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Clenil Modulite Work?
Clenil Modulite is a steroid inhaler. Specifically, it is a corticosteroid inhaler. The steroid within Clenil Modulite helps to reduce the swelling within the airways. It does this by dampening down the actions of inflammatory cells in the airways, including mast cells and white blood cells.
Once the swelling is minimised, it is easier to draw air into the lungs via the airways. This makes your breathing feel easier and helps to reduce wheezing.
Unlike reliever inhalers, preventer inhalers can take a few days before you notice a difference in your symptoms. It can be up to two weeks before you feel the benefit of using beclomethasone. At this point, it is important to continue using your inhaler every day as prescribed. Stopping your inhaler is likely to lead to your symptoms of asthma recurring.
You may also need a “reliever” inhaler in case of a sudden flare up of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing or coughing.
How is Clenil Modulite Taken?
Unlike a reliever inhaler which is only taken when your symptoms suddenly worsen, you should take Clenil Modulite every day. Many people will take their inhaler in the morning and in the evening. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s information to ensure you take your inhaler properly.
The inhaler should be shaken prior to use. Gently breathe out and then place the inhaler into your mouth. Press the canister down, and inhale to draw the beclomethasone in as you breathe. Hold your breath to allow time for the medication to get deep into your lungs, and then exhale. If you are prescribed a second dose, repeat these steps once more. Taking an inhaler can take some practice, and some people find it helpful to practice in front of a mirror for their first attempts.
Clenil Modulite inhalers can be combined with a spacer device to make it easier to get the drug into the airways within the lungs. In this case, spray the inhaler into the spacer chamber and then inhale the medication at your own pace. This is ideal for children and those who find it difficult to co-ordinate inhaling the medication.
The steroid can increase your risk of developing a fungal infection within your mouth. It is therefore advisable to rinse your mouth to wash any remaining steroid out after you have taken your inhaler. Using a spacer can help to reduce the risk of this occurring.
Dosage of Clenil Modulite
Clenil Modulite inhalers are available in a range of different dose strengths including: 50 micrograms, 100 micrograms, 200 micrograms and 250 micrograms.
Your dose of Clenil Modulite will be individual to you. You may need one or two puffs of the inhaler once or twice a day. Check the label to be sure that you are taking the right dose for you.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Clenil Modulite can have some side effects. The most common side effects are:
- Oral thrush (fungal infection of the mouth)
- Dry or sore throat
- Hoarse voice.
More serious side effects are rare. They are more likely if you have been taking Clenil Modulite for a long time. They include:
- Signs of an infection including high temperature, cough with phlegm or mucus, pain on passing urine (peeing), or mouth sores
- A round puffy face known as ‘moon face’ – this can be a sign of Cushing’s Syndrome
- Diarrhoea and vomiting, loss of appetite, weight loss, tiredness and dizziness – these can be signs of adrenal problems
- Blurred vision due to glaucoma or cataracts.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Clenil Modulite Warnings
Clenil Modulite may not suit everyone. In particular, a different medication may be advised if you:
- Have ever had tuberculosis (TB)
- Are trying to get pregnant, or are already pregnant
- Are being treated for a viral or fungal infection
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to any medication
- Cannot have alcohol.
During the Consultation with EU Meds, you will be asked to complete a health questionnaire to check that Clenil Modulite is suitable for you.
A prescriber from EU Meds will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Clenil Modulite will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, you can order Clenil Modulite online for home delivery.