Images à titre indicatif uniquement
- Lowers the amount of cholesterol your body absorbs
- Prevents stroke and heart attack
- Can be used alongside other high cholesterol medication
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Ezetimibe is a medication that is prescribed to treat high cholesterol levels. It is sometimes prescribed when using a statin alone has not appropriately controlled cholesterol levels. Ezetimibe should be taken in combination with a healthy low fat and low salt diet. It is taken once a day.
Choisissez le bon médicament
Commencez votre commande depuis chez vous
Pas de frais cachés
Médicaments livrés à votre porte
Emballage discret et simple
Rapide et facile
Pas de rendez-vous ou de longues périodes d'attente
Emballage simple, sans cachet ni marque médicale.
Vos informations restent sécurisées et le paiement privé
Ordonnances délivrées par des Médecins Européens
- Ezetimibe contains an active ingredient that lowers cholesterol levels
- Ezetimibe is usually started when a statin medication alone has not lowered cholesterol levels
- Ezetimibe is taken once a day
- You should also eat a healthy diet when taking ezetimibe
- If you develop muscle aches and pains, you should speak to your doctor promptly for advice
- Ezetimibe is sometimes known by the brand name Ezetrol
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Ezetimibe Work?
Cholesterol is a fatty substance. Ezetimibe works by reducing the amount of cholesterol that is absorbed from the food you eat.
Reducing the amount of cholesterol you ingest helps to prevent it from building up in the walls of the arteries. This is important because having cholesterol in the arteries increases the risk of the arteries becoming blocked. When arteries become blocked, it can result in a stroke, heart attack, or damage to another organ in the body such as the kidneys.
Some people take ezetimibe in combination with a statin medication which reduces the amount of cholesterol that is produced and retained by the body. Taking both medications can be a more effective way of lowering cholesterol levels.
How is Ezetimibe Taken?
Ezetimibe is a tablet that should be swallowed with some water. It can be taken at any time of day, with or without food. It is best to take ezetimibe at the same time every day to make it easier to remember.
You should continue to eat a healthy, low fat diet whilst taking ezetimibe.
Dosage of Ezetimibe
The recommended dose of ezetimibe is 10mg (one tablet) once a day.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, ezetimibe can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain
- Feeling tired
- Changes in the function of the liver on blood testing.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice. If you experience severe muscle pain, you should speak to your doctor straight away.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Ezetimibe may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have liver disease
- Are also taking a statin medication
- Have an allergy to certain sugars
- Have any other allergy
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with ezetimibe. You may be advised that ezetimibe will not suit you if you already take:
- Fibrates, cholestyramine, or statins for high cholesterol
- Warfarin or another medication to thin the blood or prevent blood clots.
Because ezetimibe may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that ezetimibe will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, ezetimibe will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Ezetimibe will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.