Images à titre indicatif uniquement
- Contains Metformin
- Helps to ease symptoms of PCOS
- Regulates menstrual cycle
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Glucophage SR is the brand name of a medication called metformin. It is a sustained release preparation that is absorbed into the bloodstream slowly for a longer lasting effect. Although it is most commonly prescribed for type 2 diabetes, it is occasionally prescribed to treat polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) as an “off-label” prescription. This doesn’t mean that the drug is unsafe, but simply that the drug manufacturer hasn’t extended the license to cover PCOS as well as diabetes.
Choisissez le bon médicament
Commencez votre commande depuis chez vous
Pas de frais cachés
Médicaments livrés à votre porte
Emballage discret et simple
Rapide et facile
Pas de rendez-vous ou de longues périodes d'attente
Emballage simple, sans cachet ni marque médicale.
Vos informations restent sécurisées et le paiement privé
Ordonnances délivrées par des Médecins Européens
About Glucophage SR
- Glucophage SR is most commonly used to treat diabetes, but can be prescribed to treat polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Glucophage SR is the brand name for metformin
- Glucophage SR can sometimes cause nausea (feeling sick) diarrhoea and stomach ache, but these will usually settle after a few days
- It is common to start taking a low dose of Glucophage SR before reassessing the dose based on any side effects that occur
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Glucophage SR Work?
One of the main causes of PCOS is insulin resistance. Glucophage SR improves the body’s sensitivity to the insulin that is being produced, helping to reduce glucose production. This in turn can help to treat PCOS, reducing symptoms and even supporting improved fertility.
Because Glucophage SR is a slow release preparation, you may only need to take a tablet once or twice a day. Slow release medications are helpful for reducing the number of tablets you need to take each day.
How is Glucophage SR Taken?
Glucophage SR is a tablet that should be swallowed with some water. It is often taken at mealtimes to help reduce the risk of digestive side effects.
Dosage of Glucophage SR
A common starting dose of Glucophage SR is 500mg once a day. This may be increased slowly depending on your response.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Glucophage SR can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Feeling sick or being sick (nausea or vomiting)
- Stomach pain
- Reduced appetite
- A strange or metallic taste in your mouth.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally, Glucophage SR can cause more serious side effects including:
- Severe tiredness with fast or shallow breathing
- Feeling cold or having a slow heartbeat
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes)
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers, muscle weakness or changes to your vision.
If any of these side effects occur, you should speak to a doctor straight away.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Glucophage SR Warnings
Glucophage SR may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have kidney disease or kidney failure
- Have heart failure or have recently had a heart attack
- Have alcohol dependence or drink more than 14 units of alcohol each week
- Have liver disease
- Have lung disease
- Might already be pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Glucophage SR. You may be advised that Glucophage SR will not suit you if you already take:
- Medications for heart disease or high blood pressure
- Medications for kidney disease
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Some steroid medications
- Certain antibiotics
- Medications for indigestion or stomach ulcers.
Because Glucophage SR may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Glucophage SR will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Glucophage SR will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Glucophage SR will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.