Images à titre indicatif uniquement
- Relieves heartburn and acid reflux
- Helps heal acid damage to the stomach
- Prevents pain and discomfort
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Lansoprazole is a medication that lowers the amount of acid your stomach makes. It is commonly prescribed for acid reflux, indigestion, heartburn and stomach ulcers.
Choisissez le bon médicament
Commencez votre commande depuis chez vous
Pas de frais cachés
Médicaments livrés à votre porte
Emballage discret et simple
Rapide et facile
Pas de rendez-vous ou de longues périodes d'attente
Emballage simple, sans cachet ni marque médicale.
Vos informations restent sécurisées et le paiement privé
Ordonnances délivrées par des Médecins Européens
What is Lansoprazole?
- Your stomach makes acid to help you digest food
- Stomach acid also kills any bacteria that could make you unwell
- The acid could damage the lining of the stomach, but a mucous barrier stops this from happening
- In some people, the mucous barrier breaks down and inflammation or an ulcer can occur once the acid starts to damage the stomach lining
- Lansoprazole works to stop the stomach from producing too much acid, helping to relieve symptoms
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Lansoprazole Work?
Lansoprazole is part of a group of medications called Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs). PPIs work by stopping the cells that line the stomach from producing too much acid. This helps to prevent ulcers from forming. If damage or an ulcer are already present, lansoprazole assists with the healing process.
In some people, acid reflux occurs when acid escapes from the stomach up into the oesophagus (food pipe). Acid reflux leads to heartburn, a painful burning sensation in the centre of the chest. It can also leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. As lansoprazole reduces the amount of acid being produced, it can also help to prevent acid reflux.
How is Lansoprazole Taken?
Lansoprazole is available as a tablet or a capsule. A liquid is available for children or those who have difficulty swallowing.
Lansoprazole is usually taken once a day in the morning. It is best to take it 30 minutes before a meal or snack. This is because food can slow down the absorption of lansoprazole.
The tablets should be swallowed whole with water or juice. The capsules can be opened and mixed into a little water or juice, or can be stirred into soft foods including yogurt or fruit puree.
What is the proper dosage of Lansoprazole?
Lansoprazole 15mg / 30mg
The usual dose of lansoprazole may depend on your reasons for taking it, and the severity of your symptoms.
For indigestion, acid reflux and stomach ulcers the usual dose is 15mg to 30mg every day.
Are there any side effects for Lansoprazole?
Most people who take lansoprazole will not notice any side effects. However, the most common side effects include:
- Nausea or vomiting (feeling sick or being sick)
- Diarrhoea, constipation or excess wind
- Stomach pain
- Itchy skin rashes
- Dry mouth and throat
- Feeling tired or dizzy.
These side effects will often settle down, but you can speak to a healthcare professional if they bother you.
Occasionally, more serious side effects can occur. You should call a doctor straight away if you experience:
- Joint pain with a red skin rash – this can be a sign of a rare condition called subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus
- Worsening stomach pain – this could be a sign of liver or pancreas problems.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
What warnings does Lansoprazole come with?
Lansoprazole may not be suitable for everyone. In particular, before taking lansoprazole you should tell a healthcare professional if you:
- Have liver problems
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to any medication
- Are awaiting an endoscopy (camera test into the stomach).
Where can I buy Lansoprazole online?
Buy Lansoprazole for Acid Reflux
You can safely buy Lansoprazole at EU Meds. During the online consultation with EU Meds, you will be asked to complete a health questionnaire to check that lansoprazole is suitable for you.
A prescriber from EU Meds will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that lansoprazole will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, you can order lansoprazole online for home delivery.