Images à titre indicatif uniquement
- Proton pump inhibitor
- Effective treatment for acid reflux
- Relieves symptoms
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Rabeprazole is a medication that is commonly used to reduce the amount of acid in your stomach. This is helpful if you are experiencing heartburn, acid reflux or indigestion. Some people also take rabeprazole for stomach ulcers. Rabeprazole is sometimes known by its brand name of Pariet.
Choisissez le bon médicament
Commencez votre commande depuis chez vous
Pas de frais cachés
Médicaments livrés à votre porte
Emballage discret et simple
Rapide et facile
Pas de rendez-vous ou de longues périodes d'attente
Emballage simple, sans cachet ni marque médicale.
Vos informations restent sécurisées et le paiement privé
Ordonnances délivrées par des Médecins Européens
- Rabeprazole is a medication used to reduce the amount of acid in your stomach, helping to treat heartburn, acid reflux and stomach ulcers
- Rabeprazole belongs to the family of medications called proton pump inhibitors
- Rabeprazole is sometimes known by its brand name Pariet
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Rabeprazole Work?
Stomach acid is required to help you digest food and kill any bacteria that could make you unwell.
Heartburn is caused by excess acid escaping out of the stomach and into the oesophagus (food pipe). It is often described as a burning sensation in the centre of the chest. This is known as acid reflux. Acid reflux can also cause an unpleasant taste in your mouth. Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) medication that works to reduce the amount of acid being produced. This in turn helps to prevent acid reflux.
A mucous barrier in the stomach stops the acid damaging the lining of the stomach. In some people, the mucous barrier breaks down and the acid starts to damage the stomach by causing inflammation or an ulcer. As less acid is produced when you take rabeprazole, this can help to relieve symptoms. Rabeprazole can also help stomach ulcers to heal.
Rabeprazole sometimes forms part of the treatment for stomach infections caused by a type of bacteria called H. Pylori.
How is Rabeprazole Taken?
Rabeprazole is a tablet that should be swallowed whole with some water. It should not be chewed or crushed. It is usually recommended that rabeprazole is taken before eating.
Dosage of Rabeprazole
Your dose of rabeprazole may depend on the reason you need to take the medication, and the severity of your symptoms.
For ulcers, a common daily dose is 20mg of rabeprazole once a day.
For reflux disease, your doctor may prescribe 10mg to 20mg of rabeprazole each day.
For treatment of H. Pylori bacterial infection, 20mg of rabeprazole is commonly taken twice daily alongside antibiotics.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, rabeprazole can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Insomnia (difficulty falling asleep)
- Throat infection or inflammation
- Nasal inflammation
- Nausea or vomiting (feeling sick or being sick)
- Abdominal pain
- Passing excess wind (flatulence)
- Aches and pains including back pain
- Flu-like illness
- Stomach polyps found during clinical investigations.
These side effects may settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Rabeprazole may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to rabeprazole or any other medication
- Are awaiting an endoscopy (camera test into the stomach), as rabeprazole can affect the results
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Your prescriber can then advise whether rabeprazole is a suitable medication for you.
Some medications can interact with rabeprazole. You may be advised that rabeprazole will not suit you if you already take:
- Antimicrobial medications including antifungal treatments
- Medications for HIV or AIDS
Because rabeprazole may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that rabeprazole will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, rabeprazole will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Rabeprazole will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.