Images à titre indicatif uniquement
- Treats facial acne
- Highly effective
- Easy application
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Choisissez le bon médicament
Commencez votre commande depuis chez vous
Pas de frais cachés
Médicaments livrés à votre porte
Emballage discret et simple
Rapide et facile
Pas de rendez-vous ou de longues périodes d'attente
Emballage simple, sans cachet ni marque médicale.
Vos informations restent sécurisées et le paiement privé
Ordonnances délivrées par des Médecins Européens
What is Treclin gel?
Treclin gel is a medicine with an antibacterial action, that is used in the treatment of acne.
How does Treclin gel work?
Treclin is a dual-action medicine. It contains an antibiotic that stops the bacteria on your skin from growing or multiplying, and it also contains an ingredient that helps skin cells to shed naturally, preventing whiteheads and blackheads from forming, which could become acne spots.
What are benefits of using Treclin gel?
Acne can have both physical and mental effects, with spots often causing pain and irritation as well as embarrassment and self-consciousness. Treating acne simply and efficiently with Treclin gel, allows patients to feel good again.
How do I use Treclin gel?
Treclin gel is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
To apply, start by washing your face gently with warm water and mild soap and then pat dry with a towel. Squeeze the prescribed amount of gel onto your fingertip, and then dab the gel onto the forehead, chin, nose and both cheeks, and then spread it gently and evenly across your whole face.
Treclin gel dosage
Treclin contains the active ingredients clindamycin and tretinoin, at a strength of 1%/0.025% (equating to 10 mg/g and 0.25 mg/g) respectively.
The recommended dose is a pea-sized amount of gel, applied once daily at bedtime. To get the best results with Treclin, you should not stop using it once your acne starts to clear up, but rather you should keep going as long as your doctor tells you to. Sometimes, treatment can take up to 12 weeks, but if it’s longer than this then contact your doctor for review.
If you forget to use your Treclin gel, skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one. Don’t worry but don’t double up on your dose to make up for a missed one.
If you use more Treclin gel than you should, then you may experience side effects in regards to stomach problems like nausea, pains and diarrhoea. If they persist then contact your doctor. You should not knowingly use more than the prescribed amount of Treclin gel, as overdose will not improve or speed up results, but could irritate the skin further.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Treclin gel, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Treclin gel if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant
- if you are planning a pregnancy
- if you are allergic to clindamycin, tretinoin, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you are allergic to lincomycin
- if you have a chronic inflammatory bowel disease (e.g. Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis)
- if you have a history of colitis with past antibiotic use
- if you or a member of your family have ever suffered from skin cancer
- if you are suffering from acute eczema
- if you are suffering from rosacea
- if you are suffering from other acute inflammatory conditions of the skin
- if you are suffering from certain special forms of acne vulgaris
Your prescription of Treclin gel may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- If you are a woman of childbearing potential, and you are not using contraception
- If you have atopic eczema (chronic, itching inflammation of the skin)
- If you are using other preparations on the skin including cosmetics.
Like many medications with active ingredients, Treclin can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- any preparations that contain sulphur, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide or rescinol or any chemical abrasives
- medicated soaps cleansers or scrubbing solutions with strong drying effect
- medicinal products containing erythromycin or metronidazole, aminoglycosides, other antibiotics or corticosteroids
- neuromuscular blocking medicines e.g muscle relaxants
- warfarin or similar medicines used to thin the blood
- any other medicines including those that you have bought without a prescription
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Treclin will be the best course of action for you.
Avoid contact of this medicine with the mouth, eyes, and any damaged skin. You should take caution when applying to sensitive skin and avoid exposure to natural (or artificial) sunlight during treatment, as it can make you more susceptible to sunburn. You should also take care with cosmetics, soaps and other skincare products while using Treclin, as anything with high levels of alcohol or acid should be avoided.
The most common side effects of using Treclin gel include:
- Dry skin,
- Redness of the skin,
- Increased sebum production,
- Rash, scaly rash, scaling of the skin
- Application site reactions such as burning, or inflammation
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects.
How do I buy Treclin gel online?
You can safely buy Treclin gel online at EU Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Treclin gel is the right medication for your medical condition.