Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Decreases the number and severity of acne spots
- Anti-inflammatory medicine
- Promotes quick healing
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Differin Cream is used to treat mild to moderate acne. It helps to treat blackheads, whiteheads, and papules (raised areas of skin tissue). Using Differin Cream can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
för att ta emot din beställning
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
About Differin Cream
- Differin Cream helps to manage mild to moderate acne
- Using Differin Cream can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight, so it is important to protect your skin with sunscreen, and avoid sunbeds
- Differin Cream contains the active ingredient adapalene
- Differin Cream is a type of topical retinoid
- Differin Cream may be more suitable than Differin Gel for patients with sensitive skin
- Women should avoid getting pregnant when using Differin Cream
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Differin Cream Work?
Differin Cream contains adapalene. This is a form of retinoid, a derivative of vitamin A. Retinoids are often used to treat acne as they increase skin cell turnover, pushing new cells to the surface. As the new cells move upwards, a natural exfoliation process occurs so that the pores and sebaceous glands become unblocked. The sebum trapped within the pores and glands is released, reducing the formation of whiteheads and blackheads.
Adapalene also has anti-inflammatory properties, meaning that any redness and swelling is often reduced.
Differin Cream can be used on the face, back and chest.
How is Differin Cream Used?
Differin Cream should be rubbed into the affected areas once a day. It is best to apply it at night time after washing your face (or back and chest) before going to bed. Only a thin film needs to be applied to the skin by gently rubbing it in with your fingertips. It is important to avoid the eye and lip area. Wash your hands after applying Differin Cream.
A review of symptoms by a healthcare professional should take place after 3 months to decide if the treatment should be continued.
To get the best results, if you wear make-up or cosmetics you should ensure you choose non-comedogenic and non-astringent products.
It can take up to four weeks of treatment to notice any change in your skin.
Dosage of Differin Cream
Differin Cream is available in a strength of 0.1%, and should be applied once daily before bed.
Differin Cream is less drying than Differin Gel. It may also feel less irritating. Patients who have sensitive skin may prefer to use Differin Cream.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Differin Cream can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Skin irritation
- Skin redness
- Sensation of skin burning
- Dry or peeling skin.
If any of these side effects occur, stop using Differin Cream for a day to see if your symptoms settle. If they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
You should avoid prolonged exposure to UV sunlight or sunbeds when using Differin Cream, due to the risk of increased skin sensitivity.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Differin Cream Warnings
Differin Cream may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding
- Have another skin condition such as eczema or psoriasis
- Spend long periods exposure to sunlight (for example, if you work outside)
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to any other medication.
Some medications can interact with Differin Cream. You may be advised that Differin Cream will not suit you if you already take:
- Another form of retinoid
- Other medications for acne – you may be advised to only apply these in the morning.
Because Differin Cream may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Differin Cream will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Differin Cream will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Differin Cream will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.