May Bank holiday updates: Please ensure orders are placed early to allow time for delivery. Please note we are unable to ship to NI and Scotland.
Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Relieves thrush quickly
- Soothes itchiness and irritation
- Works in as little as a few days
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Diflucan is a medication used to treat fungal infections. It contains the active ingredient fluconazole. It is available as a capsule or a liquid to be taken by mouth.
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
- Diflucan is the brand name of a medication called fluconazole
- Diflucan is commonly prescribed to treat fungal infections, including the fungi that cause skin infections, oral and vaginal thrush
- A single dose of Diflucan is usually enough to treat vaginal thrush, but other fungal infections may require a longer course of treatment
- Side effects include a stomach ache and nausea (feeling sick)
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Diflucan Work?
Many types of fungi live harmlessly on our skin. However, if too many of these organisms grow, it can cause a fungal infection.
The infections may occur in the mouth, on the skin, or in the vagina. These fungal infections are often referred to as thrush and occur following an overgrowth of the fungus called candida.
More rarely, other more serious fungal infections can occur as a result of having a weakened immune system due to illness or taking immunosuppressant medications.
Diflucan is a type of anti-fungal medication that is prescribed to eradicate fungi from the body when it has caused an infection.
How is Diflucan Taken?
Diflucan is available as a capsule or a liquid. The capsules should be swallowed with a glass of water, and can be taken with or without food. The liquid is sometimes prescribed for people who find it difficult to swallow capsules.
For vaginal thrush, one capsule is often enough to treat the infection. Other infections may require a longer course of Diflucan.
Dosage of Diflucan
To treat vaginal thrush, one 150mg capsule of Diflucan will often be enough to completely treat the infection.
To treat other forms of fungal infection, including oral thrush (an infection in the mouth or back of the throat), a longer course will be prescribed.
You must always take Diflucan exactly as it has been prescribed for you.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Diflucan can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Nausea or vomiting (feeling sick or being sick)
- Stomach ache
- Skin rash.
If any of these side effects persist or are troublesome, you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
If you are taking Diflucan long term, your doctor may want to perform some blood tests to check that Diflucan is not causing any problems.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Diflucan may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have porphyria (a blood disorder)
- Have a problem with your heart rhythm
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to Diflucan, Canesten, fluconazole or another medication
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Diflucan. You may be advised that Diflucan will not suit you if you already take:
- Another anti-fungal medication
- Certain antihistamines
- Certain antibiotics
- Quinidine for heart rhythm problems
- Cisapride to increase the rate of stomach emptying
- Pimozide for psychosis.
Because Diflucan may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Diflucan will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Diflucan will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.
Här för att hjälpa dig
Our Customer Service is available Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999. Visit our help section