Bilder endast för illustrativa ändamål
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Kills bacteria that cause spots
- Offers relief from acne flare-ups
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Minocycline is an antibiotic medication. It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is used to treat skin infections including acne, chest infections and pelvic or urogenital infections.
för att ta emot din beställning
Välj rätt medicinering
Starta din beställning hemifrån
Inga dolda kostnader
Läkemedel levereras till din dörr
Diskret och enkel förpackning
Snabbt och enkelt
Ingen tidsbeställning eller långa väntetider
Enkla förpackningar utan medicinska stämplar eller märken.
Din information stannar hos oss och privat betalning
Medicinering i Storbritannien
Recept utfärdade av europeiska läkare
- Minocycline can be used for a range of infections including acne
- In acne, minocycline works by killing bacteria in the skin, helping to clear up whiteheads and blackheads
- Minocycline helps to settle skin inflammation and aids spot healing
- Minocycline can help to soothe sore or inflamed skin for improved comfort
- Successful treatment with minocycline may also help to ease any feelings of embarrassment or self-consciousness
- Minocycline is also available as a modified release capsule called Minocin MR that works for longer within the body
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Minocycline Work?
Minocycline is an antibiotic that is available as a tablet. After being swallowed, it is absorbed into the bloodstream and then begins to work on bacteria found within the skin. Minocycline stops the bacteria from multiplying, so that the infection is brought under control. This can help to reduce inflammation in the skin, and helps to treat spots caused by bacteria. Using minocycline can therefore lead to clearer looking skin that feels less irritated.
Some people choose to take a brand of minocycline called Minocin MR. This is a modified release capsule that works for longer in the body, so that you may only need to take the capsules once daily to treat acne.
How is Minocycline Taken?
Minocycline is a tablet that should be swallowed with some water. It is best to take the capsules with plenty of water, while sitting or standing up. This helps to reduce the risk of irritation of the oesophagus (food pipe). It is therefore best to take the evening dose of minocycline at least an hour or two before you go to bed. The capsules can be taken with or without food.
Treatment of acne usually lasts for at least 6 weeks. If minocycline has not led to improvements in the skin within 6 months, it should be stopped.
Dosage of Minocycline
A common dose of minocycline for the treatment of acne is 100mg taken twice daily.
You should try to take the doses of minocycline at the same time every day, as this will make the treatment more effective and will help you remember to take the capsule.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, minocycline can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Feeling light-headed.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally, more serious side effects can occur. These include:
- Breathing difficulties
- Liver problems including jaundice (yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes)
- Tongue inflammation or a sore mouth
- Severe digestive upset including diarrhoea.
If any of these occur, you should speak to your doctor urgently.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Minocycline may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to any medication
- Have kidney failure
- Have liver disease
- Have alcohol dependence or regularly drink heavily
- Have myasthenia gravis
- Have lupus (SLE or systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Are aged less than 12 years
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Your prescriber can then advise whether minocycline is a suitable medication for you.
Some medications can interact with minocycline. You may be advised that minocycline will not suit you if you already take:
- Diuretics (‘water tablets’)
- Other antibiotics including tetracyclines or penicillins
- Ergotamine or ergometrine
- Vitamins or preparations that contain iron, calcium, magnesium, or aluminium bismuth or zinc salts
- Isotretinoin or other retinoids
- Warfarin or another anticoagulant
- Indigestion remedies
- An oral contraceptive pill
- Herbal or over the counter medications.
Because minocycline may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that minocycline will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, minocycline will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Minocycline will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.