Images à titre indicatif uniquement
- Effective antibiotic
- Treats symptoms of rosacea
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Genuine medication
- All medication sourced in the UK
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Efracea is an antibiotic medication that is used to treat the skin condition rosacea. It contains the active antibiotic ingredient doxycycline. The medication has anti-inflammatory properties which can help to treat and sooth the spots and redness associated with rosacea.
pour recevoir votre commande
Choisissez le bon médicament
Commencez votre commande depuis chez vous
Pas de frais cachés
Médicaments livrés à votre porte
Emballage discret et simple
Rapide et facile
Pas de rendez-vous ou de longues périodes d'attente
Emballage simple, sans cachet ni marque médicale.
Vos informations restent sécurisées et le paiement privé
Ordonnances délivrées par des Médecins Européens
- Efracea is used to treat rosacea
- Rosacea often affects the face, but it can also be present on the neck, ears, or chest
- Efracea can help to minimise the spots and redness of rosacea
- Efracea minimises the burning or stinging sensations associated with rosacea for some people
- Efracea is taken every day
- Efracea can occasionally cause digestive upset
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Efracea Work?
Efracea is prescribed for the skin condition rosacea. Rosacea is a condition that most commonly affects the face. The nose, cheeks and forehead are often involved, but rosacea can also affect the neck, chest, and ears.
Rosacea causing flushing of the face, redness that may look like sunburn, red spots and whiteheads, and increased visibility of the blood vessels. People with rosacea can feel self-conscious about their appearance, but many people also seek treatment because the inflammation can cause a burning or stinging sensation.
Efracea capsules contain doxycycline, an antibiotic that is commonly used to treat skin infections. Efracea works by reducing the spots and whiteheads associated with rosacea, helping to minimise the inflammation of the skin. This in turn helps to reduce the redness and irritation.
Because rosacea often goes through cycles of activity and inactivity, some people take Efracea long term to prevent flare ups from occurring. This is made possible as Efracea only contains a low dose of doxycycline, making it suitable for long term use.
How is Efracea Taken?
Efracea is a hard capsule that should be swallowed whole with some water. It should not be crushed or chewed.
Efracea should be taken on an empty stomach. Most people take Efracea an hour before breakfast every day. If you choose to take it after food, you must wait two hours to ensure your stomach is empty.
If you forget to take a dose, skip the missed dose and continue taking the next one at the usual time. Don’t double up the dose to make up for the missed capsule.
Dosage of Efracea
Each Efracea capsule contains 40mg of doxycycline. Just one capsule is needed each day for effective treatment.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Efracea can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Digestive upset including diarrhoea
- Abdominal pain
- Nasal and throat irritation (nasopharyngitis)
- Sinus headache
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Fungal infection
- Dry mouth
- Back pain.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Efracea may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have severe liver disease
- Have had surgery to your stomach or intestines
- Have achlorhydria (lack of stomach acid)
- Have inflammation or ulceration of the oesophagus (food pipe)
- Have a predisposition to fungal infections including oral or vaginal thrush (yeast infections)
- Have myasthenia gravis
- Have eye complications associated with rosacea
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic including doxycycline or another tetracycline
- Have been told you are allergic to some types of sugar
- Drink large amounts of alcohol or have alcohol dependence
- Are aged under 13
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Your skin may become more sensitive to sunlight when using doxycycline. You should avoid long periods of sun exposure, and wear a high factor sun screen all year round. If you work outdoors or have prolonged exposure to the sun, Efracea may not be a suitable treatment for you.
Some medications can interact with Efracea. You may be advised that Efracea will not suit you if you already take:
- An oral retinoid medication (including isotretinoin)
- Medications for acid reflux
- Calcium containing products (including dairy, aluminium, iron, bismuth, magnesium, cholestyramine or activated charcoal)
- Diphenylhydantoin or phenytoin
Because Efracea may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Efracea will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Efracea will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Efracea will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.