We are back open! We are once again delivering our medications to your chosen address.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Effective treatment
- Reduces future health risks
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
What is Adipine?
Adipine is a medicine that belongs to a group called calcium antagonists, used to treat high blood pressure and a chest pain known as angina.
How does Adipine work?
When treating high blood pressure, Adipine works by relaxing the blood vessels, allowing blood to pass through them more easily. In the treatment of angina, this medication works by improving blood supply to the heart so it can receive more oxygen and relieve pain.
What are the benefits of taking Adipine?
High blood pressure (also known as hypertension) or angina can be linked to a number of factors, such as a family history, a diet high in salt or being overweight or inactive.
In addition to some lifestyle changes (such as smoking and/or drinking less and exercising more), it’s often advised to take medication, such as Adipine, to manage the conditions in order to prevent more serious ailments such as stroke, heart attack or blood clots.
How do I use Adipine?
Adipine is a prescription-only medication. Follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, before or after food. You should take it at the same time of day, and you should not take Adipine with grapefruit juice.
Adipine contains the active ingredient nifedipine, in strengths of either 10mg, 20mg, 30mg or 60mg per tablet.
The normal dose is one tablet a day, with the required strength to be decided by your doctor, taking into account age and other related conditions.
If you forget to take your Adipine tablet then you should skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one. Don’t worry but don’t double up on your dose to make up for a missed one.
If you take more Adipine than you should, then go to your nearest emergency department immediately. An overdose can have symptoms such as extreme dizziness, problems with breathing or feeling weak so lying down with your arms and legs up is advised.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Adipine, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Adipine if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are allergic to nifedipine, other calcium-channel blockers or any of the other ingredients in this medicine
- if you have been told that you have a narrowing of the aortic valve in your heart
- if you have experienced a collapse which was caused by a heart problem
- if you get a sudden angina attack
- if you have unstable angina
- if you suffer from inflammation of the bowel or intestines (such as Crohn’s disease)
- if you have a liver disease that prevents your liver from working properly
- if you have had a heart attack during the last month or to treat a heart attack
- if you are taking the antibiotic rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis)
- if your blood pressure continues to rise despite treatment
- if you have a Kock pouch in your gut
- if you are breastfeeding
Your prescription of Adipine may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- if you suffer from low blood pressure
- if you have a heart condition where your heart cannot cope with increased strain
- if you are pregnant
- if you are diabetic
- if you are receiving kidney dialysis
- if your liver is not working properly
- if you are taking other drugs to treat high blood pressure
- if you are giving a urine sample
- if you notice increased breathlessness
- if you notice swelling of the ankles
- if you are male and have been unsuccessful in fathering a child by in vitro fertilisation.
Like many medications with active ingredients, Adipine can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- Other medicines to treat high blood pressure
- Rifampicin (an antibiotic)
- Cimetidine (to treat stomach ulcers)
- beta-blockers (to treat heart conditions)
- Quinupristin/dalfopristin (a combination antibiotic)
- medicines to treat epilepsy
- Cisapride (to treat reduced movements of the gullet and stomach)
- Magnesium sulphate injections during pregnancy
- Erythromycin (an antibiotic)
- anti-fungal medicines
- medicines to treat HIV
- Fluoxetine or nefazodone (to treat depression)
- Tacrolimus (to prevent the rejection of transplanted organs)
- Phenobarbital (usually used to treat insomnia or anxiety).
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Adipine will be the best course of action for you.
Like with all sufferers of high blood pressure or angina, you should pair your medication with some lifestyle changes such as eating healthily, exercising regularly and avoiding excessive smoking or drinking.
You should stay away from grapefruit and grapefruit juice while on Adipine, as it’s been proven to interact with the medication and can lower your blood pressure too much.
The most common side effects of using Adipine include:
- general feeling of being unwell
- swelling, particularly of the ankles and legs
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects, such as difficulty breathing, yellowing of the skin or eyes, or severe skin reactions.
How do I buy Adipine online?
You can safely buy Adipine online at EU Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Adipine is the right medication for your medical condition.