Bricanyl Inhaler (Bricanyl Turbohaler)
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Relaxes the muscles in the airways
- Helps you to breathe more easily
- For use in an attack of breathlessness
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Bricanyl is a type of “reliever” inhaler. It is an inhaler that is used at the sudden onset of worsening asthma symptoms such as breathlessness, cough, or wheeze. Bricanyl contains the active ingredient terbutaline. It is available as a 'Bricanyl turbohaler'
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Free Standard Delivery
Delivered to your home or work address
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
What is Bricanyl?
- Bricanyl is a reliever inhaler
- Bricanyl is prescribed for asthma and other airways disease including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Bricanyl contains the active ingredient terbutaline
- Bricanyl is a bronchodilator and works by widening the airways, helping to reduce the acute symptoms of asthma such as breathlessness and wheeze
- Bricanyl is available as a 'turbohaler', and it is important to read the instructions to ensure you take the inhaler properly
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Bricanyl Work?
Bricanyl contains the bronchodilator terbutaline. Terbutaline dilates, or wides, the airways, making it easier to breathe in and out. As the air passages widen, the wheezing and feelings of breathlessness settle. Bricanyl should work quickly to relieve the acute symptoms of asthma.
As Bricanyl should work within minutes, you should take it as soon as you notice the symptoms of an asthma exacerbation or asthma attack. If Bricanyl does not relieve your symptoms, you should call for emergency medical advice by calling 999.
You will likely also be prescribed a “preventer” inhaler that works in a different way to try to prevent exacerbations from occurring.
How is Bricanyl Taken?
Bricanyl should be taken according to your prescriber’s instructions. Bricanyl may be taken regularly, as well as when symptoms of asthma or COPD are present. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s information to ensure you take Bricanyl properly.
Following these instructions will help to ensure you get the full dose of terbutaline.
- Unscrew and remove the cover
- Keep the inhaler upright and then twist it at the base. You need to twist it all the way around and then back until a click is heard
- Breathe out gently
- Place the mouthpiece of the inhaler into your mouth, gently between your teeth, and close your lips around it to form a good seal. Do not bite the inhaler, and ensure the air vents are not covered
- Breathe in strongly and deeply
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth and hold your breath for around 10 seconds
- Breathe out gently (away from the inhaler)
- If more than one dose is needed, repeat steps 2 to 7
- Check the dose counter to ensure you re-order a new inhaler when required
- Replace the cover.
What is the dosage of Bricanyl?
Each dose of the Bricanyl inhaler contains 0.5mg of terbutaline sulfate.
The usual dose is 1 inhalation as required, and no more than 4 inhalations in a 24 hour period. The duration of action of each dose is up to 6 hours.
What are the side effects of Bricanyl?
Like all medications, Bricanyl can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Feeling shaky or having a tremor
- Muscle cramps or spasms
- A fast heartbeat (palpitations)
- Low potassium levels on blood testing.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Bricanyl may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have heart or blood vessel disease
- Have an irregular heartbeat
- Have high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Have an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroid)
- Have diabetes
- Have low levels of potassium on blood testing
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding, as your asthma will need to be well controlled at this time.
Some medications can interact with Bricanyl. You may be advised that Bricanyl will not suit you if you already take:
- Beta blockers such as propranolol for heart disease or high blood pressure
- Certain diuretics (water tablets)
If you are due to have a general anaesthetic, you should tell your doctor and anaesthetist that you take Bricanyl.
Where to Buy Bricanyl Online?
You can safely buy Bricanyl online here at EU Meds. Our purchase process will guide you through getting the necessary prescription and receiving your order online through a UK-located pharmacy.
Because Bricanyl may not suit everyone, we will complete a consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Bricanyl will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Bricanyl will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.