Images for illustrative purposes only
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)
- Relieves pain and swelling
- Reduces inflammation
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Celebrex is a type of pain relief that belongs to the family of medications known as Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs (or NSAIDs). This is the same group of medications that ibuprofen belongs to. Celebrex is used to treat pain from a variety of sources including arthritis, acute pain, and menstrual cramping.
Note: We are experiencing delays with our deliveries due to unforseen circumstances.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Free Standard Delivery
Delivered to your home or work address
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
What is Celebrex?
- Celebrex is a type of anti-inflammatory pain reliever known as an NSAID
- Celebrex can be used for a variety of painful conditions
- Celebrex eases both pain and inflammation
- Celebrex is also known as celecoxib
- Celebrex may not be suitable for people with asthma, stomach ulcers or inflammatory bowel disease, or women who are pregnant
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Celebrex Work?
Celebrex is an anti-inflammatory medication designed to relieve pain. It is known as a cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitor (COX-2 inhibitor). COX-2 inhibitors work by blocking prostaglandins that cause pain and inflammation within the body. This is helpful for inflammatory pain such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and menstrual pain.
Reducing pain means you can enjoy your usual daily activities more easily and with fewer restrictions in movement.
How is Celebrex Taken?
Celebrex is available as a capsule. It can be taken with or without food. The capsule can be swallowed whole, or alternatively the contents of the capsule can be mixed into yoghurt or mashed banana to make it easier to swallow.
Some people take Celebrex regularly, whereas others take it only at the times when they have pain. It is important to take the capsules exactly as they are prescribed for you.
What is the proper dosage of Celebrex?
Celebrex capsules come in two different strengths: 100mg and 200mg.
Celebrex is usually taken once or twice a day.
For osteoarthritis, a common dose is 200mg daily (taken in one dose or 100mg in the morning and 100mg at night).
For rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis, the starting dose is 200mg taken in one dose or split between two doses. This dose may need to be increased to 400mg daily if pain persists.
Elderly patients, those with kidney or liver disease, and those who weigh less than 50kg may need to take a lower dose.
Are there any side effects of Celebrex?
Like all medications, Celebrex can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Feeling dizzy
- Excessive wind
- High blood pressure
- Swollen ankles and fluid retention
- Flu-like illness or cough
- Chest and urinary tract infections.
These side effects are unlikely, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Rarely, more serious side effects can occur. These include:
- Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness or wheeze
- Passing blood in your stools, or stools that appear black
- Vomiting blood
- Abdominal pain.
You should seek medical advice straight away if you experience any of these side effects.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
What warnings does Celebrex come with?
Celebrex may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have asthma
- Have a stomach or intestinal ulcer
- Have inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Are aged under 18 or over 65 years of age
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have heart disease or a problem with your blood vessels
- Have blood clotting problems
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE or lupus)
- Have a connective tissue disorder
- Have ever had a reaction to an anti-inflammatory medication such as aspirin, naproxen, or diclofenac
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Celebrex. You may be advised that Celebrex will not suit you if you already take:
- Another form of pain relief, including another NSAID medication
- Blood thinning medications including warfarin
- Medications to treat high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Ciclosporin or tacrolimus
- Medications to treat an irregular heart rhythm.
Where can I buy Celebrex online?
You can safely buy Celebrex online at EU Meds. Because Celebrex may not suit everyone, we will complete a consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Celebrex will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Celebrex will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.