Images for illustrative purposes only
- Dual effect treatment
- For use by men only
- Effective incontinence drug
- Genuine medication
- All medication sourced in the UK
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Combodart is a medication that contains a combination of two medications, dutasteride and tamsulosin. It is prescribed for men who have benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlargement of the prostate). It works in two ways to reduce the symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate, such as difficulty passing urine, a weak urinary flow, waking at night to pass urine or feeling that your bladder has not completely emptied.
to receive your order
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
- Combodart is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH, or an enlarged prostate gland)
- Combodart can help to make it easier to pass urine by increasing the flow of urine for complete bladder emptying, and preventing dribbling at the end of passing urine
- Combodart contains two medications: dutasteride and tamsulosin
- Combining two medications can give better relief from an enlarged prostate more quickly than taking one of the medications on its own
- The medication is available as a capsule which must be swallowed whole
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Combodart Work?
It is common for men to experience the symptoms of an enlarged prostate later in life. Benign prostatic hyperplasia is enlargement of the prostate that is not caused by cancer.
The prostate is near to the urethra (urine, or pee, tube), and as the prostate enlarges it can put pressure on the urethra. This makes it harder to pass urine effectively. Men may therefore have trouble starting to urinate (pass urine), reduced flow of the urine, dribbling of urine even after finishing urinating, and needing to pass urine more often because the bladder is not completely emptied. Men may find they have to get up several times in the night to pass urine, too.
Tamsulosin, one of the drugs contained in Combodart, works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the prostate and those around the urethra. This takes the pressure off the urethra, allowing urine to be passed more easily and more successfully.
The other drug in Combodart, dutasteride, blocks the conversion of the hormone testosterone. This helps to make the prostate shrink, taking the pressure off the urethra and leaving more space for a better flow of urine out of the body.
Combining the two medications can lead to better results more quickly than treatment with one of the drugs alone.
How is Combodart Taken?
Combodart is available as a hard capsule. It should be swallowed whole with some water about 30 minutes before the same meal each day. The capsules must not be opened or chewed, as the contents can irritate the oesophagus (gullet or food pipe).
Dosage of Combodart
The usual dosage of Combodart is one capsule once daily. Many men choose to take the capsule half an hour before breakfast every day.
Each capsule contains 0.5mg of dutasteride and 0.4mg tamsulosin.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Combodart can have some side effects. The most common side effect is:
If you drive or operate heavy or complex machinery, you must take care when taking Combodart. If you notice any dizziness, you must refrain from these activities.
Some men also notice the following side effects:
- Reduced libido (desire to have sex)
- Inability to get an erection
- Problems with ejaculation
- Breast tenderness.
If these side effects persist or become troublesome, you should speak to your doctor for further advice. If you experience any pain or lumps in your breasts, or notice discharge from the nipple, you must speak to your doctor straight away.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Combodart may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver disease
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to tamsulosin, dutasteride or any other medication
- Are sexually active – a female partner should avoid exposure to your semen by use of a condom.
Some medications can interact with Combodart. You may be advised that Combodart will not suit you if you already take:
- Some blood pressure medications
- Certain antibiotics or antiviral medications
If you are due to have a general anaesthetic, you must tell your doctor and anaesthetist that you take Combodart.
Because Combodart may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Combodart will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Combodart will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Combodart will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.