Images for illustrative purposes only
- ACE inhibitor medicine for high blood pressure
- Makes it easier for the heart to pump blood around the body
- Also contains a mild diuretic
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
Coversyl Arginine is a medicine that belongs to a group called ACE inhibitors (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme inhibitors), used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure.
Coversyl Arginine works by relaxing the blood vessels, allowing blood to pass through them more easily. It also helps to make it easier for your heart to pump blood to all the parts of your body.
High blood pressure (also known as hypertension) or heart problems can be linked to a number of factors, such as a family history, a diet high in salt or being overweight or inactive.
In addition to some lifestyle changes (such as smoking and/or drinking less and exercising more), it’s often advised to take medication, such as Coversyl Arginine, to manage the conditions in order to prevent more serious ailments such as stroke, heart attack or blood clots.
Coversyl Arginine is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, ideally before a meal. You should take it at the same time of day, in order to help you remember.
Coversyl Arginine contains the active ingredient perindopril arginine, in strengths of either 2.5mg, 5mg, and 10mg per tablet.
For high blood pressure, the usual starting dose is 5mg taken once a day, with the amount often rising to 10mg once a day, if your doctor feels that you need it. If you are using Coversyl Arginine for heart failure or other heart problems, then this dose will differ and you should always take the medication exactly as prescribed and check with your doctor if you’re unsure.
If you forget to take your Coversyl Arginine tablet then you should skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one. Don’t worry but don’t double up on your dose to make up for a missed one.
If you take more Coversyl Arginine than you should, then go to your nearest doctor or emergency department immediately. Overdose can lead to low blood pressure, symptoms of which include feeling dizzy or faint.
Before taking Coversyl Arginine, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Coversyl Arginine if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are allergic to perindopril, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you have experienced symptoms such as wheezing, swelling of the face, tongue or throat, intense itching or severe skin rashes with previous ACE inhibitor treatment
- if you are more than 3 months pregnant
- if you have diabetes or impaired kidney function and you are treated with a blood pressure lowering medicine containing aliskiren,
- if you are having dialysis or any other type of blood filtration
- if you have kidney problems where the blood supply to your kidneys is reduced
- if you are being treated for heart failure
Your prescription of Coversyl Arginine may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- have narrowing of the main blood vessel leading from the heart or narrowing of the artery supplying the kidney with blood,
- have any other heart problems,
- have liver problems,
- have kidney problems or if you are receiving dialysis,
- have abnormally increased levels of a hormone called aldosterone in your blood
- suffer from a collagen vascular disease,
- have diabetes,
- are on a salt restricted diet or use salt substitutes which contain potassium,
- are to undergo anaesthesia and/or major surgery,
- are to undergo LDL apheresis
- are going to have desensitisation treatment to reduce the effects of an allergy to bee or wasp stings,
- have recently suffered from diarrhoea or vomiting, or are dehydrated,
- have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars,
- are of black origin since you may have a higher risk of angioedema
Like many medications with active ingredients, Coversyl Arginine can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- other medicines for high blood pressure
- potassium-sparing drugs, potassium supplements or potassium-containing salt substitutes
- lithium for mania or depression,
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- medicines to treat diabetes
- baclofen (used to treat muscle stiffness in diseases such as multiple sclerosis),
- medicines to treat mental disorders such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia
- trimethoprim (for the treatment of infections),
- estramustine (used in cancer therapy),
- sacubitril/valsartan (used to treat long-term heart failure)
- allopurinol (for the treatment of gout),
- procainamide (for the treatment of an irregular heart beat),
- vasodilators including nitrates,
- medicines used for the treatment of low blood pressure, shock or asthma
- gold salts (used to treat symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis)
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Coversyl Arginine will be the best course of action for you.
Like with all sufferers of high blood pressure or heart failure, you should pair your medication with some lifestyle changes such as eating healthily, exercising regularly and avoiding excessive smoking or drinking.
Your doctor may also perform regular blood pressure, kidney function and blood tests while on this medication.
The most common side effects of using Coversyl Arginine include:
- pins and needles,
- vision disturbances,
- tinnitus (sensation of noises in the ears),
- shortness of breath (dyspnoea),
- stomach problems like nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- allergic reactions (such as skin rashes, itching),
- muscle cramps,
- feeling of weakness.
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects.
You can safely buy Coversyl Arginine online at EU Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Coversyl Arginine is the right medication for your medical condition.