Images for illustrative purposes only
- Lowers the levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol
- Increases the levels of "good" HDL cholesterol
- Prevent cardiovascular diseases
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Crestor is a medication taken to lower high cholesterol. It contains the active ingredient rosuvastatin and belongs to a group of medications known as statins. Crestor can also be prescribed to prevent heart disease in some people.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Free Standard Delivery
Delivered to your home or work address
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
What is Crestor?
- Crestor belongs to a group of medications called statins
- Crestor is used to lower high cholesterol levels
- Crestor is sometimes prescribed to prevent heart attacks and strokes in people who are at high risk of these events
- Crestor contains the active ingredient rosuvastatin
- Crestor is usually only taken once a day
- A cholesterol lowering diet should also be followed by patients taking Crestor
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Crestor Work?
Cholesterol is a fatty substance, and high levels of cholesterol can lead to a condition called hypercholesterolaemia (sometimes known as hyperlipidaemia). Crestor works by reducing the amount of cholesterol that is produced and retained within the body’s blood vessels.
Reducing the amount of cholesterol produced helps to prevent cholesterol from building up in the walls of the arteries. This is important because having cholesterol in the arteries increases the risk of the arteries becoming blocked. When arteries become blocked, it can result in a stroke, heart attack, or damage to another organ in the body such as the kidneys.
Crestor can therefore reduce the risk of high cholesterol and some of its complications.
How is Crestor Taken?
Crestor is usually taken once a day. It can be taken at any time. It should be swallowed with some water, and can be taken with or without food.
For best results when taking Crestor, you should continue with a low cholesterol diet.
What is the proper dosage of Crestor?
Crestor tablets are available in four different strength tablets:
Your dose will be individualised to you based on your risk factors for future disease, and your response to the medication.
Are there any side effects of Crestor?
Like all medications, Crestor can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Abdominal pain
- Disturbed sleep
- Feeling dizzy
- Feeling tired.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Rarely, more serious side effects can occur. These include:
- Muscle pain and weakness – this could be a sign of muscle or kidney damage
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, with dark urine (pee) or pale stools (poo) – this could be a sign of liver problems
- Cough and breathlessness – this could be a sign of a lung problem
- Skin rashes on the palms of the hands or soles of the feet
- Severe abdominal (tummy) pain – this could be a sign of a problem with the pancreas.
You should speak to your doctor straight away if any of these side effects occur.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
What warnings does Crestor come with?
Crestor may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have thyroid disease including an underactive thyroid
- Have a muscle disorder or have ever had unexplained muscle pain
- Regularly drink large amounts of alcohol, or have alcohol dependency
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Crestor. You may be advised that Crestor will not suit you if you already take:
- Medications for HIV or AIDS
- Other lipid lowering medications
In some cases, the dose of Crestor may need to be lowered if you already take another medication.
Where to buy Crestor online?
You can safely buy Crestor online at EU Meds. Because Crestor may not suit everyone, we will complete a consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Crestor will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Crestor will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Crestor will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.