Save up to 20% on selected medications. No code needed, discount applied at checkout.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Easy to use
- Effective hay fever treatment
- Relieves symptoms
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Dymista is a nasal spray that contains a steroid called fluticasone and an antihistamine called azelastine hydrochloride. In combination, these medications help to treat the symptoms of allergies affecting the nose, such as congestion, a runny nose or sneezing. Dymista is commonly prescribed for hay fever.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Free Standard Delivery
Delivered to your home or work address
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
- Dymista contains fluticasone, a steroid, and azelastine hydrochloride, an antihistamine
- It is commonly prescribed for allergies that lead to nasal symptoms, including hay fever
- Dymista reduced swelling and inflammation within the nose
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Dymista Work?
Dymista nasal spray is often taken to treat the signs of allergies and irritation in the nose and nasal passages. It contains the steroid fluticasone propionate. This steroid helps to manage the inflammation and swelling associated with hay fever and other allergies. This can help to reduce symptoms including nasal congestion, itching, sneezing, irritation, and the discomfort of allergies affecting the nose.
In addition, azelastine hydrochloride is included. This antihistamine helps to minimise the allergic response to allergens by blocking the pathways that cause histamine to be released. This in turn helps to treat the symptoms of an allergy.
Dymista is usually only prescribed if single drug steroid or antihistamine nasal sprays have not resolved the symptoms.
How is Dymista Taken?
Dymista is a nasal spray. It is important to take it properly to ensure you get the full effect of the medication.
- If you have nasal congestion, blow your nose before taking Dymista
- Shake the bottle
- Remove the cap
- Tip your head forwards
- Place the nozzle inside one of your nostrils
- While breathing in through your nose, firmly press the pump once
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 for the other nostril
- Wipe the nozzle with a tissue or antibacterial wipe, and then replace the cap.
Dosage of Dymista
One spray of Dymista contains 137 micrograms of azelastine hydrochloride and 50 micrograms of fluticasone.
The usual dose for adults and children aged 12 and older is one spray in each nostril twice a day (morning and evening). Check your prescribing instructions to ensure you are taking the correct dose as decided by your prescriber.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Dymista can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Nose bleeds
- Unpleasant taste or smell
- Nasal irritation
- Dry throat
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Dymista may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Already take a nasal spray or tablets to treat the symptoms of an allergy
- Have severe liver disease
- Have glaucoma or problems with your vision
- Have tuberculosis
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Dymista. You may be advised that Dymista will not suit you if you already take:
- Medications for HIV or AIDS
- Steroid tablets or another steroid spray.
Because Dymista may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Dymista will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Dymista will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Dymista will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.