Images for illustrative purposes only
- Offers relief from menopausal symptoms
- Contains progestogen to protect the womb
- Helpfully marked tablet packets
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Elleste Duet is a medication used to treat the symptoms of the menopause. Each pack contains two different tablets to be taken as prescribed each month. In the perimenopausal period, levels of oestrogen and progesterone fall which can lead to unwanted symptoms. Elleste Duet replaces the hormones to minimize the symptoms of the menopause.
to receive your order
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
About Elleste Duet
- Elleste Duet is used to treat the symptoms of the menopause
- Two different tablets are contained in each pack
- 18 of the tablets contain a drug that mimics oestrogen
- 12 of the tablets contain two drugs that mimic oestrogen and progesterone
- Elleste Duet is a type of hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Elleste Duet is available in two different strengths
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Elleste Duet Work?
In women around the time of the menopause, the fall in natural hormones can lead to symptoms including hot flushes, night sweats, difficulty sleeping, reduced libido, vaginal dryness, difficulty concentrating, headaches, aches and pains and mood changes.
Some women choose to take hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to offset the symptoms of the menopause. HRT such as Elleste Duet contains synthetic hormones that mimic the female sex hormones that are now in decline.
Each pack of Elleste Duet contains two types of tablets.
- 18 tablets contain oestradiol which mimics oestrogen
- 12 tablets contain oestradiol and norethisterone acetate to mimic both oestrogen and progesterone.
The tablets are taken at different times each month, and it is important to follow the prescribing instructions to make sure you take the medication correctly.
How is Elleste Duet Taken?
Elleste Duet is a form of continuous sequential HRT.
One oestrogen tablet should be taken every day for 18 days. After this time, one combination tablet should be taken every day for 12 days. A new cycle of tablets should then begin straight away, without a break. If you are still having periods, it is advisable to start your first pack of Elleste Duet on the first day of your period. If your periods have already stopped, you can start taking Elleste Duet at a time to suit you.
If you miss a tablet, it should be taken within 12 hours. If you have missed it by more than 12 hours, skip that tablet and take the next one as usual.
Each tablet should be swallowed with some water.
Dosage of Elleste Duet
Elleste Duet is available in two different strengths.1mg Pack
This pack contains tablets of the following doses:
- 1mg oestradiol tablets
- 1mg oestradiol and 1mg norethisterone acetate combination tablets
This pack contains tablets of the following doses:
- 2mg oestradiol tablets
- 2mg oestradiol and 1mg norethisterone acetate combination tablets
Most women start by taking the 1mg pack. The 2mg pack is usually only prescribed for women who are at risk of osteoporosis and who cannot tolerate other osteoporosis medications.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Elleste Duet can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Breast tenderness or enlargement
- Painful periods/withdrawal bleeds
- Irregular bleeding or spotting
- Mood changes
- Difficulty sleeping
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Abdominal pain and bloating
- Dry skin or rashes
- Weight gain.
If these side effects persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Using HRT can cause a slight increase in the risk of some cancers including breast and uterine cancer. The risk increases when using a higher strength preparation for a long period. It is important that the benefits of using Elleste Duet outweigh the potential risks.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Elleste Duet Warnings
Elleste Duet may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have ever had breast cancer (or suspected breast cancer)
- Have endometrial (or another oestrogen dependent) cancer
- Have undiagnosed vaginal or genital bleeding
- Have endometrial hyperplasia, fibroids, or endometriosis
- Have, or have ever had, a PE (pulmonary embolism) or DVT (deep vein thrombosis) – a blood clot to the lungs or leg
- Have a thrombophilic disorder (blood clotting disorders)
- Have angina or have had a heart attack (myocardial infarction), or any other form of arterial blood clot
- Have had a stroke
- Have liver disease
- Have porphyria
- Have hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Have diabetes
- Have migraine
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE or lupus)
- Have epilepsy
- Have asthma
- Have otosclerosis.
If you become pregnant whilst taking Elleste Duet, the tablets must be stopped immediately. Elleste Duet is not suitable for use when breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Elleste Duet. You may be advised that Elleste Duet will not suit you if you already take:
- Phenytoin, phenobarbital, or carbamazepine for seizures or fits
- St John’s Wort (Hypericum Perforatum).
Because Elleste Duet may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Elleste Duet will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Elleste Duet will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Elleste Duet will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.