We are back open! We are once again delivering our medications to your chosen address.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Patches contain oestrogen and progestogen
- Effective treatment for the menopause
- Protects the womb
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Evorel Conti is a patch medication used to treat the symptoms of the menopause. During the menopause, levels of the female hormones oestrogen and progesterone start to fall. Evorel Conti is known as continuous combined hormone replacement therapy (HRT) because it contains synthetic versions of both oestrogen and progesterone, which are both released at the same time.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
About Evorel Conti
- Evorel Conti is used to treat the symptoms of the menopause
- Evorel Conti is a form of HRT
- Both oestrogen and progesterone are released into the body via the skin
- One patch should be applied to the skin twice a week
- The benefits of using Evorel Conti must outweigh the risk of side effects
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Evorel Conti Work?
Evorel Conti contains synthetic versions of the two female sex hormones, oestrogen and progesterone. At the time of the menopause, levels of these hormones start to fall. This can lead to symptoms including hot flushes, night sweats, hair thinning, mood changes and vaginal dryness. Replacing the natural hormones with synthetic versions by using Evorel Conti can help to minimise the symptoms of the menopause.
When Evorel Conti is used as directed, the two hormones are released into the body via the skin at a steady rate every day.
How is Evorel Conti Used?
Evorel Conti is a patch medication. The active ingredients are absorbed into the bloodstream via the skin.
An Evorel Conti patch should be applied to the skin twice weekly. Each patch should therefore be changed every 3 or 4 days (alternating). You may choose to change your patch on a Monday and Thursday, for example.
If you no longer have periods, or your periods have become irregular, Evorel Conti can be started at any time.
If you already take a continuous combined HRT medication, you can start taking Evorel Conti at any time. If you currently take a cyclic or sequential HRT treatment, you should start Evorel Conti after finishing your current cycle, or following a 7 day hormone free interval.
Each patch should be applied to clean, dry skin of the trunk below the waist. It is best to avoid areas of the skin where the patch may be rubbed, for example by your underwear. The patch must not be applied to the breasts. When you replace the patch, apply it to a new area away from the location you have just used.
The Evorel Conti patch should remain in place during showering, bathing, and exercise.
After removal, dispose of the patch carefully away from children.
Dosage of Evorel Conti
Each Evorel Conti patch contains 3.2mg of oestradiol hemihydrate (oestrogen) and 11.2mg of norethisterone acetate (progesterone).
During each 24 hour period, the patch releases:
- 50 micrograms of oestradiol
- 170 micrograms norethisterone.
It is best to use the lowest dose of HRT to control your symptoms. If the dose of Evorel Conti is too high for you, you may experience side effects including breast tenderness. Speak to your doctor if this occurs, as you may need a lower dose of HRT.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Evorel Conti can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Discomfort, rash, or swelling at the site of the patch
- Mood changes including depression, anxiety, or nervousness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Weight gain
- Sensation of pins and needles
- A fast heartbeat or palpitations
- Abdominal pain
- Breast pain
- Changes to menstrual bleeding
- Cervical polyps
- Back pain
- Other aches and pains.
If these side effects persist, you should speak to your doctor for further advice as a lower dose of HRT may be required.
Using HRT can cause a slight increase in the risk of some cancers including breast and uterine cancer. The risk increases when using a higher strength preparation for a long period. It is important that the benefits of using Evorel Conti outweigh the potential risks.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Evorel Conti Warnings
Evorel Conti may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have ever had breast cancer (or suspected breast cancer)
- Have endometrial (or another oestrogen dependent) cancer
- Have undiagnosed vaginal or genital bleeding
- Have endometrial hyperplasia, fibroids, or endometriosis
- Have, or have ever had, a PE (pulmonary embolism) or DVT (deep vein thrombosis) – a blood clot to the lungs or leg
- Have a thrombophilic disorder (blood clotting disorders)
- Have angina or have had a heart attack (myocardial infarction), or any other form of arterial blood clot
- Have had a stroke
- Have liver disease
- Have porphyria
- Have hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Have diabetes
- Have migraine
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE or lupus)
- Have epilepsy
- Have asthma
- Have otosclerosis
- Have mastopathy (benign, hormone dependent changes in the breast).
If you become pregnant whilst taking Evorel Conti, the patches must be stopped immediately. Evorel Conti is not suitable for use when breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Evorel Conti. You may be advised that Evorel Conti will not suit you if you already take:
- Phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine, or lamotrigine for seizures or fits
- Ritonavir, telaprevir, or nelfinavir
- St John’s Wort (Hypericum Perforatum).
Because Evorel Conti may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Evorel Conti will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Evorel Conti will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Evorel Conti will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.