Images for illustrative purposes only
- Decreases the absorption of cholesterol in the small intestine
- Lowers LDL cholesterol
- Improves HDL cholesterol
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Ezetrol is the brand name for ezetimibe. It is prescribed to treat high cholesterol levels. Ezetrol is sometimes prescribed when using a statin alone has not appropriately controlled your cholesterol levels. Ezetrol should be taken in combination with a healthy low fat and low salt diet. The medication should be taken once a day.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Free Standard Delivery
Delivered to your home or work address
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
- Ezetrol helps to lower cholesterol levels
- Ezetrol is often started when a statin medication alone has not lowered cholesterol levels enough
- The tablet should be taken once daily
- You should continue to eat a healthy diet when taking this medication
- If you develop muscle aches and pains, you should speak to your doctor promptly for advice
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Ezetrol Work?
Cholesterol is a fatty substance. Ezetrol works by reducing the amount of cholesterol that is absorbed from the food you eat.
Reducing the amount of cholesterol you ingest helps to prevent it from building up in the walls of the arteries. This is important because having cholesterol in the arteries increases the risk of the arteries becoming blocked. When arteries become blocked, it can result in a stroke, heart attack, or damage to another organ in the body such as the kidneys.
Some people take Ezetrol in combination with a statin medication which reduces the amount of cholesterol that is produced and retained by the body. Taking both medications can be a more effective way of lowering cholesterol levels.
How is Ezetrol Taken?
Ezetrol is a tablet that should be swallowed with some water. It can be taken at any time of day, with or without food. It is best to take Ezetrol at the same time every day to make it easier to remember.
You should continue to eat a healthy, low fat diet whilst taking this medication.
Dosage of Ezetrol
The recommended dose of Ezetrol is 10mg (one tablet) once a day.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Ezetrol can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain
- Feeling tired
- Changes in the function of the liver on blood testing.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice. If you experience severe muscle pain, you should speak to your doctor promptly.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Ezetrol may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have liver disease
- Are also taking a statin medication
- Have an allergy to certain sugars
- Have any other allergy
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Ezetrol. You may be advised that Ezetrol will not suit you if you already take:
- Fibrates, cholestyramine, or statins for high cholesterol
- Warfarin or another medication to thin the blood or prevent blood clots.
Because Ezetrol may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Ezetrol will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Ezetrol will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Ezetrol will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.