May Bank holiday updates: Please ensure orders are placed early to allow time for delivery. Please note we are unable to ship to NI and Scotland.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Treatment for menopause
- Helpfully marked tablet packets
- Relieves symptoms
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Femoston is a medication used to treat the symptoms of the menopause. In the perimenopausal period, levels of oestrogen and progesterone fall which can lead to unwanted symptoms. Femoston HRT replaces the hormones to minimize the symptoms of the menopause. Each pack contains two different tablets to be taken as prescribed each month.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Free Standard Delivery
Delivered to your home or work address
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
What is Femoston?
- Femoston is used to treat the symptoms of the menopause
- Femoston is a type of hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Two different tablets are contained in each pack
- 14 of the tablets contain a drug that mimics oestrogen
- 14 of the tablets contain two drugs that mimic oestrogen and progesterone
- Femoston is available in two different strengths
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Femoston Work?
In women around the time of the menopause, the fall in natural hormones can lead to symptoms including hot flushes, night sweats, difficulty sleeping, reduced libido, vaginal dryness, difficulty concentrating, headaches, aches and pains and mood changes.
Some women choose to take hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to offset the symptoms of the menopause. HRT such as Femoston contains synthetic hormones that mimic the female sex hormones that are now in decline.
Each pack of Femoston contains two types of tablets.
- 14 tablets contain oestradiol which mimics oestrogen
- 14 tablets contain oestradiol and dydrogesterone acetate to mimic both oestrogen and progesterone.
The tablets are taken at different times each month, and it is important to follow the prescribing instructions to make sure you take the medication correctly.
How is Femoston Taken?
Femoston is a form of continuous sequential HRT.
One oestrogen tablet should be taken every day for 14 days. After this time, one combination tablet should be taken every day for 14 days. A new cycle of tablets should then begin straight away, without a break.
If you are still having periods, it is advisable to start your first pack of Femoston on the first day of your period. If your periods have already stopped, you can start taking Femoston at a time to suit you.
If you miss a tablet, it should be taken within 12 hours. If you have missed it by more than 12 hours, skip that tablet and take the next one as usual. Missing a tablet may increase the chance of breakthrough bleeding or spotting.
Each tablet should be swallowed with some water.
What is the proper dosage of Femoston?
Femoston is available in two different strengths.
This pack contains tablets of the following doses:
- 1mg oestradiol tablets
- 1mg oestradiol and 10mg dydrogesterone acetate combination tablets
This pack contains tablets of the following doses:
- 2mg oestradiol tablets
- 2mg oestradiol and 10mg dydrogesterone acetate combination tablets
Most women start by taking the 1mg/10mg pack. The 2mg/10mg pack is usually only prescribed if the lower strength Femoston has not led to an adequate clinical response.
Are there any side effects to Femoston?
Femoston Side Effects
Like all medications, Femoston can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Breast pain or tenderness
- Vaginal thrush (fungal infection)
- Nausea or vomiting (feeling sick or being sick)
- Dry skin or rashes
- Changes to menstrual bleeding
- Weight gain.
If these side effects persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Using HRT can cause a slight increase in the risk of some cancers including breast and uterine cancer. The risk increases when using a higher strength preparation for a long period. It is important that the benefits of using Femoston outweigh the potential risks.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
What warnings does Femoston come with?
Femoston may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have ever had breast cancer (or suspected breast cancer)
- Have endometrial (or another oestrogen dependent) cancer
- Have a progesterone-dependent tumour, such as a meningioma
- Have undiagnosed vaginal or genital bleeding
- Have endometrial hyperplasia, fibroids, or endometriosis
- Have, or have ever had, a PE (pulmonary embolism) or DVT (deep vein thrombosis) – a blood clot to the lungs or leg
- Have a thrombophilic disorder (blood clotting disorders)
- Have angina or have had a heart attack (myocardial infarction), or any other form of arterial blood clot
- Have had a stroke
- Have liver disease or gallstones
- Have porphyria
- Have hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Have diabetes
- Have migraine
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE or lupus)
- Have epilepsy
- Have asthma
- Have otosclerosis.
If you become pregnant whilst taking Femoston, the tablets must be stopped immediately. Femoston is not suitable for use when breastfeeding.
If you develop jaundice (yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes) or new onset of migraines, the tablets should be stopped. If you are told that your blood pressure has increased, or your liver function changes on blood testing, Femoston may need to be stopped.
Where can I buy Femoston online?
You can safely buy Femoston online at EU Meds. Because Femoston may not suit everyone, we will complete a consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Femoston will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Femoston will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Femoston will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.
Here to help you
Our Customer Service is available Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999. Visit our help section