We are back open! We are once again delivering our medications to your chosen address.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Preventer inhaler
- Reduces attacks of breathlessness
- Offers long term relief
- Genuine medication
- All medications sourced in the UK
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Flixotide Accuhaler is the brand name for an inhaler that contains the steroid fluticasone. It is prescribed for patients with asthma. Flixotide Accuhaler is a preventer inhaler that should be used regularly to prevent flare ups of asthma.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
About Flixotide Accuhaler
- Flixotide Accuhaler is a preventer inhaler used to keep the symptoms of asthma under control
- Flixotide Accuhaler contains a steroid called fluticasone
- Flixotide Accuhaler reduces the inflammation within the airways making it easier to breathe, as well as reducing asthma symptoms including wheeze and cough
- You will likely also require a reliever inhaler to be taken in case of an asthma attack (exacerbation of asthma)
- Due to its ingredients, Flixotide Accuhaler may not be suitable if you have a lactose allergy
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Flixotide Accuhaler Work?
Flixotide Accuhaler is a steroid inhaler. Specifically, it is a corticosteroid inhaler. The steroid within Flixotide Accuhaler helps to reduce the swelling within the airways. It does this by dampening down the actions of inflammatory cells in the airways, including mast cells and white blood cells.
Once the swelling is minimised, it is easier to draw air into the lungs via the airways. This makes your breathing feel easier and helps to reduce wheezing.
Unlike reliever inhalers, preventer inhalers can take a few days before you notice a difference in your symptoms. It can be up to two weeks before you feel the benefit of using your Flixotide Accuhaler. At this point, it is important to continue using your inhaler every day as prescribed. Stopping your inhaler is likely to lead to your symptoms of asthma recurring.
You may also need a “reliever” inhaler in case of a sudden flare up of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing or coughing, or an asthma attack.
How is Flixotide Accuhaler Taken?
Unlike a reliever inhaler which is only taken when your symptoms suddenly worsen, you should take the preventer Flixotide Accuhaler every day. Many people will take their inhaler in the morning and in the evening. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s information to ensure you take your inhaler properly.
The Accuhaler is a round inhaler that some people find easier to take than a regular “spray” or metered dose inhaler. It is taken in the following manner.
- The Accuhaler is opened by pushing the thumb grip around until the inhaler clicks.
- Next, slide the lever down until it clicks. This means that the steroid is now ready to be inhaled.
- Breathe out away from the inhaler, and then place the mouthpiece into your mouth.
- Breathe in slowly but deeply to inhale the medication.
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth and then hold your breath for around 10 seconds.
If you require a second dose, repeat steps 2 to 6.
Once you have taken the full dose, you can close the Accuhaler.
Dosage of Flixotide Accuhaler
The typical starting dose of the Flixotide Accuhaler for an adult with mild asthma is 100 micrograms twice a day. If the asthma is moderate or severe, the dose may need to be increased to 250 to 500 micrograms twice a day.
The dose prescribed should be the lowest dose to effectively manage the symptoms of asthma. Check the label to be sure that you are taking the right dose for you.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Flixotide Accuhaler can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Sore throat or oral thrush (a fungal infection)
- Hoarse voice
- Chest infections.
If any of the above side effects occur, you should speak to a doctor for further advice.
Using steroids long term can lead to a fragile bone condition called osteoporosis. Some steroid use may also aggravate mental health conditions. You should speak to your doctor to discuss this further.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Flixotide Accuhaler Warnings
Flixotide Accuhaler may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Are being treated for a fungal or viral infection
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to Flixotide Accuhaler, fluticasone or another medication
- Have a lactose allergy.
If you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding, you should tell your doctor as it is important that your asthma is well controlled at this time.
Some medications can interact with Flixotide Accuhaler. You may be advised that the Flixotide Accuhaler will not suit you if you already take:
- Certain antibiotics.
Because a Flixotide Accuhaler may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that the Flixotide Accuhaler will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, a Flixotide Accuhaler will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.